Does anyone here still go to the meetings

by Brandy5 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here still go to the meetings. If so why do you attened?

eddited to add Are you married to an active JW

btw I have not be inside a KH in 17 years & am married to a wonderful Worldly man.

brandy

Edited by - brandy5 on 13 February 2003 15:40:45

• rocketman
    rocketman

I attend once in a while, mainly to keep the hounds at bay and so that the gossipers all around the circuit think that I am still "active".

The meetings have always been boring for me. I have never really enjoyed them.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Not just no...but...

HELL NO!!!!

Coon

• ugg
    ugg

no i don't,,,but my hubby does.....

• Jesika
    Jesika

Nope, I don't, and I won't!!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I go to them whenever I don't have enough money to go to a comedy club.

• stichione
    stichione

I still go, but only to the Sunday meeting. I want to make my wife happy and keep up appearances with the local congregation so I don't let people get too suspicious of me.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

Yea I still go to the odd sunday meeting. I actually enjoy some of the talks, but can hardly endure the second half as the Watchtowers study now feels so sunday-schoolish and formalised...reading paragraphs and giving trite little regurgitated answers...booorrrrring.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I avoided meetings ever since my trip on the diss fellow ship. My attendance at the circuit assembly last week was my first since leaving.(what the hell was I thinking) The only reason I went was because of my mother invited me too. For once in the last 4 years I saw her happy and not dissapointed with my status. She truly has no idea who I am. I have no current plans to go again, although I may go to the memorial this year.

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

Our family of 6 (hubby, myself, and 4 kids) has not been to a meeting since November '02 and do not plan on ever going back to one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit