Does anyone here still go to the meetings

by Brandy5 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

I couldn't sit for two minuites without breaking out laughing!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• jws
    jws

I've gone to the Memorial from time to time, if my dad asks me to. He gets so emotional about that, as if in the JW world, if I come to that one meeting, there's a slim chance I can be saved at the big A. Ha! If that's true, why are they all busting their asses to go to 3 meetings/week and field service?

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

I appreciate it.

brandy

• JH
    JH

I didn't go in 14 full moons. I might go in 3 full moons from now for 1 hour. Not sure yet

I think that I'm getting used to these full moon meetings. ( only once a year at the memorial)

Edited by - JH on 13 February 2003 20:51:36

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I attended a couple of meetings in another state last year. Had a flag pin in my lapel so the JWs would know that I wasn't one of them. The sisters love bombed my companion and the elders tried to sell me on their religion. It was fun knowing that they were counting time that accomplished them nothing.

I have been thinking of attending Memorial so I can break the matzo and drink some of the wine while at the same time boosting the number of partakers.

Athanasius

• embalmed
    embalmed

I have to go. Because my mum is a JW. And I have no choice. Well, I do, but all hell could break lose. So yes, I suffer through every single meeting.

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

Athanasius said

I have been thinking of attending Memorial so I can break the matzo and drink some of the wine while at the same time boosting the number of partakers.

ROFLMAO Thank you for the laugh. Can you imagin the look on peoples faces.

brandy

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

I attended Memorial for a few years after I had faded away. It's still a very special thing for my wife and my attending really gave her a boost. But after reflecting on the hypocrisy of it, I decided not to continue. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking I might be "coming back to the truth". I will, however, still attended a memorial service for an old friend who has passed away.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

My husband and I still go for the sake of our elderly parents and longtime friends. But we have learned to tune things out quite well. We mastered the art of appearing that we are listening but in reality we are not . Its a great place to catch up on your Bible reading! Do we feel like hipocrites? you better believe it. One of these days this insanity will end.

• blondie
    blondie

Out of the last 25 meetings, I have been once. We are fading away and are too prominent to just stop without comment or pressure. I am good at tuning out, doing my own personal study during the meetings, and reading my own reviews of the WT study material. I have been doing this for almost 13 months and have just a few personal goals to reach before fading completely. I will not be going to the memorial and have a real reason for not going as I will be out of town.

Each one does what they can but the meetings are so badly prepared and done that it is agony for any thinking person. I recommend Bullsh*t Bingo Tm by another.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit