People's Obsessions over Yizuman's Single Mistake

by Yizuman 30 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Witchy Child:

Thanks for you kind words about my son. What you said below is so true:

It is sad but some people you can't help. They can get all set up with everything they need and they will somehow lose it all, over and over again. I don't know if Yizuman is one of those types, or if he can be helped or if he is just a really patient scam artist. I just can't tell, so all I can do is watch and see what happens. I really do hope, if he is sincere, that all things will work out well for him and that he will get the help he needs

My point exactly, I guess what I objected to is all the judgements people seem so eager to dish out here rather than the offer of a kind word. It's not like any of us personally know Yizuman, if I personally knew him and could offer help personally (I would be convienced he wasn't scamming) I would surely help him in anyway I could.

I too wish him well and hope things work out for him especially that he gets some imediate help and a roof over his head.

Katie

Edited by - bikerchic on 13 February 2003 15:12:19

• ugg
    ugg

i hope things get better soon

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Chevynats, Bikerchic,

I'm glad you both seem to have heard what I was trying to say. It is so iffy when you post... no facial expressions, no tones of voice. I worry that my posts can sometimes seem angry or uncaring because of the missing elements.

I hope Yizuman will also see that I mean him no harm at all. I truly hope he will be ok and get on his feet soon.

~Witch

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    my son is unable to work and he hasn't been able to get SSI although for years he's paid into it.

Bikerchic, tell your son to contact a lawyer who deals with disability cases. My husband is on disability....finally....but until we got a lawyer, we were getting nowhere fast.

My husband has always had severe anxiety problems, and he was constantly losing jobs because of this, but he kept trying. He eventually got to the point where he was almost unable to function. He tried to work through an agency because he could no longer deal with face-to-face interviews. In fact, I would have to fill out the employment applications for him, since he became too anxious to cope even with that.

We applied for SSI disability, but were turned down....so we kept trying to somehow get him into a job that he could handle. We spent 5 years trying to do this, and getting deeper in debt because of the loss of his income.

We finally saw an ad for a lawyer who deals with disability cases, and after reviewing things, he accepted our case on a contingency basis, with his fee dependent on whether or not my husband succeeded in his disability claim.

It still took over a year from that point to get things resolved, but having a lawyer made all the difference. He knew exactly what needed to be done and what kinds of documentation and tests were necessary to prove our claim.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I just wanted to say, I hope Yiz gets himself out of this situation.

Many of us have fallen on hard times and it seems like there is no way out, but for me, it has made me stronger.

I still have times when I feel this way, but I like to tell myself "It could be alot worse".

Yiz---Hon, I know I haven't posted on any of your threads lately, but I just didn't have anything to add. Just know I do hope everything works out for you.

Jes

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Yiz (I like that, rhymes with jiz), anyway I would try the whole email me your boobies thing. You'd be pleasantly surprised how well it works.

In addition, I applaud your not freaking at my incredible dry, sarcastic sense of humor. You seem like a decent enough chap and I for one accept your apology.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Yizuman,

My heart goes out to you. Wish I could make everything alright for you. I see numbers of people like yourself, who, for whatever reason, are in dire needs. I work at a Soup Kitchen and that' s where many eat. At night, they sleep in the same building in the Shelter. Yet, some of these people, eventually break through the cycle and go out and make it on their own. Maybe, at first, they have to go to Day Labor before they can find a good paying job. It takes effort, but it's not impossible. It makes me happy when I hear success stories. I hope to hear yours someday.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Yiz. If it means anything, I'm not obssessed with you.

Yeah you got off on the wrong foot. But I say big deal. Lord knows I've put my foot in my mouth dozens of times! Be yourself. This is a discussion board, so talk about what you want to talk about. Throw it out there and see what comes back. There are other posters here who have been criticised (Minimus for one), so don't feel as if you are being isolated.

Having said that, I know it's hard to reveal part of yourself and be met with criticism. All I can say is just hang in there. A lot of people here are on your side and rooting for you. I haven't posted anything on your threads because, well mainly because I don't have much to add. Others here have done a superb job in directing you to resources that I didn't even know existed. Don't worry, everything's going to be okay.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

((((((((Yiz))))))))))))

I've been asking for the posters on JWD to be more sensitive to your plight, but it still fails to do much good.

I'm still interested in hearing updates from you.

You can post them on my board.

http://members2.boardhost.com/newlight2/?970193945

NewLight2

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Mary - Any word from the Welfare Office yet? Have they tried contacting Wal-Mart to make sure you're not working there? I'd be calling them back to make sure they actually do this, so you can get some $$$............too often if you don't keep on them, you can just fall through the cracks and not get anything.........

Mary, my caseworker explained to me that Wal-Mart is famous to give them the run-around and won't get any confirmation for 3 weeks at least. This was 2 weeks ago. So I am waiting and watching my mailbox this week as well as next week for any replies from the welfare office.

Gotta go now, my pick up from my ride will be arriving in a few minutes.

I will hopefully be back at the library soon maybe this week or next week.

Thanks

Yizuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit