The Evil Masterminds Behind COVID-19: Charmin and Cottonelle

by keyser soze 33 Replies latest social current

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Of all the things people decided they needed to stockpile for a potential quarantine. All of the stores around my area ran completely out of toilet paper this last weekend. People were piling it into their carts and vehicles as if they were going to be holed up for a year. Stores started putting a limit on what people could buy, and some even had security guarding it. My wife and I had to drive all over just to find a pack for our immediate, basic needs. Finally ended up finding a 4 pack at a convenience store for an inflated price. Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

You forgot all the bottled water manufacturers...

I figure that with all the crack-downs on plastic bottles that they had to hatch a scheme to boost sales...

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

In Australia, the closer you get to towns the bigger the cues of people outside supermarkets every morning.

A few of the major chains have announced that door stores will be opened only for the elderly and disabled for the first hour.

Very sad the way this is turning out. Our governments have failed us dramatically

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

A form of martial law and food rationing/limitation looks a distinct possibility - thanks to all the panic buying.

The supermarkets in the UK need to have limits imposed.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hadnt seen you on here for ages KS--good to see you back.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Thanks, stan. Had to take a break from posting, for my own mental health. Still check in from time to time to see what's going on. Also been a little busy, with buying a house last year.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

We have assholes from Raleigh driving 1.5 hours, to raid our local community stores and the stores around us.

I live in a town of 600, the next town is 15 minutes away and the only town above 5000 people is 25 minutes away.

Idiots literally raiding shelves in mon and pop shops to the point that they just closed and refuse to sell.

There is far too much panic going on and it is making matters worse

• Listener
    Listener

Just this last weekend in Western Australia people were buying freezers. There is none left in our stores and there's a 6 to 8 week wait for new stock to arrive. A sales lady said we should pre order if we wanted one because it looks like we will miss out if we don't. Now there's not much meat left in the supermarkets, particularly mince.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    • . People were piling it into their carts and vehicles as if they were going to be holed up for a year.
    • I figure that with all the crack-downs on plastic bottles that they had to hatch a scheme to boost sales...
    • We have assholes from Raleigh driving 1.5 hours, to raid our local community stores and the stores around us.

Come-on folks...these are probably not the best expressions to use when commenting on a serious post about toilet paper. LOL !

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I tried to buy toilet paper 3 days ago and found there wasn't even a small package - at ANY price. When I told Hubby he asked, "Do we have any old Watchtowers or Awakes laying around somewhere?" After I finished laughing, I said, "Sorry, No".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit