Beautiful photos

by LoveUniHateExams 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, I thought I'd start a thread about any beautiful photos of places you've been to, or just beautiful photos.

I'll go first ...

The View (DSC9465) | Bøur, Vágar, Faroe Islands An idiosyncr… | Flickr

Copyright: Daniel Burton.

This is Bøur, a little village in the Faeroe Islands, population 74.

I've never been there but I'd love to visit one day.

• titch
    titch

LoveUni: That looks like a nice place to be. It seems that no one so far has contributed to this thread, as of now. Sorry, I don't have the technology to transfer any of my photos to this Website, but I hope that other people will contribute to the "cause." Best Regards....Titch.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was here yesterday

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would love to visit the Faeroes they look amazing. I follow a photographer Nigel Danson who has some great photos of the Faeroes.

https://www.nigeldanson.com/gallery/faroe-islands

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Where were you Slim?

The photo looks like some standing stones in Scotland, maybe ...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s Castlerigg stone circle near Keswick in the Lake District.

Here’s another from the same day

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Amazing photos.

You didn't happen to summon an eldritch old god while you were there, did you?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This is the view from my mother in laws in New zealand. Mount Taranaki.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    TonusOH You didn't happen to summon an eldritch old god while you were there, did you?

No, but he takes his bed sheets down to the auld Bean Nighe to be washed, doon by the wee burn there...😉

(That's Slim summoning her up, down bottom left)

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The Carrizo Plain National Monument is in San Luis Obispo County, California, west of Bakersfield. The San Andreas Fault, a well known earthquake fault, runs through it and has contributed to it's formation.

There is a soda lake in the middle of it, which is surrounded by hills that in a good year will be covered with wildflowers. Last year was a very good year, and I went there 3 times in the Spring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit