Do you believe in Angels, or any experiences?

by LyinEyes 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was just wondering if any of you have had any experience with seeing an angel or experiencing some kind of guardian angel type thing? Personally I had an experience as a little girl, seeing an angel in my room, but it was probably a dream, a reoccuring dream and the angel always looked the same. In my adult life , being JW , I never had any experiences.

There are so many stories of people who have been "touched by an angel", when I read these stories or see them on tv,,,,,,,, I get chills. I would love to believe they are amoung us, but I can't say I am a true believer ......yet.

I love to look at pictures of angels too. I love the high renaissance, painting done of angels , especially that of Raphael.

Raphael Angel Series

Edited by - LyinEyes on 11 February 2003 21:4:27

• manon
    manon

LyinEyes,

I love angels also, I have just about everything angel related in my bedroom. I don't know whether they exist or not but I sure enjoy looking at them.

Manon

• gumby
    gumby

DeDe,

There is a 7 page thread that is really hot and explains all this called who is Michael the Archangel?

It's a "must read"

Just kidding of course. I too wished I could see, feel , or hear a ghost or angel. This definately would challenge a persons spirituality as to what they then might believe. I too have not had any luck yet.

Gumby

• Introspection
    Introspection

I figure you experience experiences and believe beliefs, it doesn't make any sense to believe in an experience. I don't need to believe that I had an experience, I did - but a belief to explain the experience is another story.

• shera
    shera

I must say I have had some pleasent experinces and "scarey" ones too.I believe my son has an loving "force"watching over him.

I do believe there is life out there,that is not like us.Some is good and some bad.

My 1 cent worth

• Solace
    Solace

DeDe,

I dont know why, but I have always had a strong feeling that spirits and angels exist.

Im not sure if they look like the winged creatures that the media depicts, but I agree that most angel pics are beautiful. I usually use an angel, or fairy pic in my profile cuz I like em' so much.

• IronGland
    IronGland

They look like Michael Landon and Victor French.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Although I have never experienced anything too unordinary, I do believe we have guardian angels/spirit guides that watch over us. Too many times when I have had difficult and sad times, I have prayed (not to Jah, but to a higher source) with all my heart and I have felt a sudden peace come over me. I really felt that something was with me and sending me love and understanding. I especially felt this during the time I started to fade away from the Org. This helped convince me that I was loved, even though the Elders told me God would leave me. I have always felt as if something/someone is watching over me.

My mother has also had experiences when she was a child, and now as an non-active JW. Her stories send chivers down my spine. She will admit that she believes in angels and guides, even though the Elders wouldn't want her talking about her experiences. She too feels their presence.

Because I was basically raised as a JW and taught that almost everthing is demonized, I have found it hard to come to terms with these feelings, but I know they are real within me. That's all I could go by for now....just my gut feeling.

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

I am not sure. I would like to think there are angels interested in us.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I found this picture Heaven,,,,,, reminds me of you, in angel form.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit