Ralph Walls implausible 2021 Convention field service story

by RULES & REGULATIONS 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Another implausible field service story told by Ralph Walls at the 2021 Convention. Get ready for this unrealistic, stupid, dull and boring, made up fiction that is presented at this Assembly.

Some years ago ( tells a story but doesn't know exact date ), a brother ( doesn't give his name ) in Mexico ( doesn't name the town) from the rurals, dressed in a very simple garb ( to show he was not showy ) knocked at the door of a palatial mansion. ( a very rich ''worldly'' person must live here )

A man in a silken robe ( yes! he must be rich and showy ) responded and asked what he wanted. The Witness said, ''If a mule should come to your door with two bags of gold, would you accept it?'' Annoyed, the householder replied, '' I do not understand what you're telling me. I am a famous engineer.'' ( no one would would ever say that to a stranger)

The Witness then asked him, ''What do you understand about prophecies?'' The man admitted he did not know anything about them. ( he is ''materially'' rich, but ''spiritually'' poor ) The Witness said , ''This is what I want to talk speak to you about.''

'' I am that mule that came to your door. And, the two bags of gold are these magazines...the Watchtower and the Awake.'' ( fake gold that even Jehovah's Witnesses discard )

The man was impressed by the presentation of this humble Witness and took the two magazines. ( I'll bet he didn't take the magazines, even if this implausible story was true!)

• JeffT
    JeffT

A rich Mexican probably has armed guards and razor wire around his "palatial mansion" to keep guys like this away from the boss.

• pistolpete
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

😂😂😂that's a good one!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

You can tell by the way it's formulated that it's a story.

Who says "silken robe" anymore, or the word "garb" for "simply dressed"? The man jumps from "I don't understand," to "I'm a famous engineer". It's just a very stilted, unrealistic pattern of speech.

It feels like he's taken a traditional folk tale and put a JW spin on it. All in all It's very disjointed with a very poor "punchline".

Zero out of ten Ralph Walls, that was awful.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

This sounds like one of those generic Protestant preaching tales - like the one about the lady who preaches to someone dangerous but he doesn’t attack her because of ‘the men (angels) standing behind her’, or the more generic ones about someone praying just before preachers of denomination xyz just happen to turn up.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

imho this story aka experience was published in the watchtower decades ago...

• SadElder
    SadElder

I'm sure that Mr. Silken Robe dropped those two tomes in the bin as soon as Mr. Mule walked away.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm surprised the story didn't end with the (formerly) worldly man becoming a humble JW, selling his house and possessions, donating all the proceeds to the WT, and spending the rest of his life gratefully pioneering next to a cart in a small village in a faraway country where the need is greatest.

And, by comparison, what are YOU doing for Jehovah in the remaining months before Armageddon, brothers?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    imho this story aka experience was published in the watchtower decades ago...

w81 5/15 pp. 12-16

The House-to-House Challenge

Challenge though it is, the house-to-house activity is not above the capabilities of even the most humble Christian. Thus, once a Mexican Witness from the rurals, dressed in very simple country garb, knocked at the door of a palatial mansion. A man in a silken bathrobe responded and asked what he wanted. The Witness said: “If a mule should come to your door with two bags of gold, would you accept it?” Annoyed, the householder replied: “I do not understand what you are telling me. I am a famous engineer.” The Witness then asked him: “What do you understand about prophecies?” The man admitted he did not know anything about them. Then the Witness said: “That is what I want to speak to you about. . . . I am that mule that came to your door, and the two bags of gold are these magazines, The Watchtower and Awake!” The man was impressed by the presentation of this humble Witness and took the two magazines. All of this calls to mind the incident recorded at Acts 4:8-13.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit