What Do You Do to Relax?

by cruzanheart 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I am hereby, for the next 24 hours at least, swearing off all serious topics. Yesterday was a brain-fry day, what with the harassment stuff, a call from our Medicaid lawyer regarding my mother's application (NOT good news), doing bills, and fleeing to the gym at lunch only to find out I've gained two pounds since last week.

Today at lunch I am going shopping by myself. I am going to my favorite resale/antique clothing shop down the street and see if I can find something eye-popping for the Apostafest. Tonight I may have a glass of wine and some comfort food (probably spaghetti with olive oil and garlic butter), though I'm still mindful of those two pounds. I may make a couple of pieces of jewelry (though that's more of a have-to, since I have a shop waiting for an order). I'm going to work with Jackson on this week's school project and play with Jennie and her dollhouse.

What do you do to relax?

Nina

• Realist
    Realist

i don't read if i want to relax ;-)

• sf
    sf

Longgggg, hot, oil baths! Then jump into bed spread with clean, fresh sheets.

mmmmmmmm

sKally

• Mulan
    Mulan

Go to Hawaii.

Or watch TV...............preferably go to Hawaii.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Sorry to hear of the troubles you and Big Tex have been having. You sure need a day of relaxation.

When the kids are out of the house I like to sit in a nice hot tub of bubles, with a glass of wine, lie back and enjoy the silence.

But my real relaxation is camping, sitting by the lake, enjoying the warmth of the sun, and of course my favourite beverage.(combination of any type of alcoholic refreshment)

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

When I am really anxious and upset, I like to have sex with my husband. [:|]

• LB
    LB

There is no relaxing. Plenty of time to relax when I'm dead.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I read a great no-brainer book........I take a walk in our wonderful woods. Or I even like to sit in a quiet livingroom watching the birds at my feeder. Relaxing is good.......

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Listening to some of my favorite music and doing my beadwork. Reading does it for me too. And this might sound strange but when I'm cooking a meal for friends or family it really does relax me to get into the whole preparation of it.

(((((((((((((((Nina)))))))))))))))))) I hope you enjoy your day!!!! Shake off some of DUST !!!!!!!!!!!

XW

• D8TA
    D8TA

Going to the beach, with a fine-waxed board and nothing but the power of the ocean beneath your feet. Lazy afternoons in the sand, with the sun and humidity putting you in to a half awake-half slumber state.

Walking in damp green jungles surrounded by the chatter from monkeys and birds of color, in numbers that one couldnt count.

Being in the countryside, with crops of gold, vegetables, and fruits ready for the picking.

Standing atop Corcovado within the shadow of the Statue, looking upon the breadth and domain of Rio de Janeiro. Bring a lunch and having a picnic at the base.

* Easter egg *

Dreaming of you and seeing your face amongst the stars, in the evening sky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit