Morning all! Just here to say hi and join in the discussion

by park ave boy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    hello and welcome Park Avenue.
  • freddo
    freddo

Welcome!

Child Abuse and Australian Royal Commission is certainly known by some elders here in the UK. A few of these are perturbed by it. Even less act upon it. I know for certain it factored in the resignation of one well known middle ranking elder in our circuit (along with money grabbing broadcasts and letters).

(Middle ranking = did smaller CA parts, was a Cong. Secretary who did circuit accounts and stuff.)

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Hi there and welcome.

In regards to the child abuse thing. I live in Australia, full JW family and I work with JWs.

These people are conditioned to take ANY criticism of their religion extremely seriously.

If it is the government doing the denouncing, and worldly media reporting it......... there is an abundance of room for Satan the Devil to get involved, in the mind of a JW.

It is the truth after all, and Gods Organisation, and the best way of life, and where else would you go?, and the end is so close.........

• stan livedeath
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome PAB!

I believe that the inability of the Society to root out it's pedophiles because they cling to the notion that the two witness rule applies......... even to abused children......... should be the stated cause for a fade or abrupt decision to leave. If told to 'wait on Jehovah' one should tell them you'll wait on JW but you wont wait for him in FS and at meetings.

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Love your story and welcome to the forum. If you have any tips on how to get family out, do share. I have an overflow of jw relatives.
  • Listener
    Listener
    Welcome park ave boy. Great to hear that your parents are out along with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit