I've decided to make a difference that REALLY matters

by Mrs. Eden 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Awesome! I am sure you will get more personal satisfaction helping others in a concrete way rather than selling magazines.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Brilliant and so pro active of you. I honestly admire you xxxxxxx
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail
    Congratulations to you for moving on and truly helping others when they need it most. I'm sorry about the loss of your mother.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Mrs. Eden: Today I went to the hospital where my mother passed away and enrolled in their volunteer program

Good for you! And good for the people you'll help too.

My wife and I got involved in a program that helps feed the needs. A few times a year we make some food and take it down to the local church and serve our less fortunate fellow humans.

It is so nice to do something that makes an actual, real difference in peoples' lives. True, it's only a small difference, but it is a difference and it is tangible, not something useless like a Watchtower magazine filled with lies and false hopes.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well done Mrs Eden ,that is truly a PRODUCTIVE way of spending your time instead of wasting it on folly.

I`m sorry about your mother though, she would be proud of you .

Take care

smiddy

• azor
    azor
    I'm sorry for your loss. Kudos on volunteering. You reminded me to sign up for the fall work weekend at Camp Ronald McDonald at the end of this month. Thank you. Isn't it amazing how much good these "worldly organisations" do for those in need.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    ...,sick and you visited me...that's true religion.
  • kairos
    kairos
    Good decision!
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin
    Mrs. Eden 3 days ago

Hello again.

It was great to read your replies, thank you! Your experiences have been eye-openers to me. Perhaps fading for too long and too gently ends up being counter-productive, because that way I'll never get rid of them. So I'll be getting more straightforward soon.

After all, wasn't it Jesus who said: "What you are about to do, do it quickly" ? - John 13:27

Mrs. Eden

Wow! You posted that only 3 short days ago. that was certainly "quickly" Mrs Eden.

Hmmmm......that reminds me of fast cake. Ever hear of that? That's the kind of cake that tastes better the faster you eat it. mmmmmm.....i'm getting hungry now....be back in a minute.

" and I know I'll feel incomparably more accomplished than by recruiting others to the JW cult."

and you'll get more appreciation for your efforts too!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Sorry about losing your mom. Thanks for sharing with us something that makes you happy, and more satisfying

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit