I've decided to make a difference that REALLY matters

by Mrs. Eden 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs. Eden
    Mrs. Eden

Hello friends!
    Today is a sad day for me, as seven months have gone by since my mother passed away after a decades-long fight with breast cancer.

Because the witnessing/preaching/teaching work doesn't make any sense to me anymore; because it's not about any "truth"; and because it's basically useless, I've decided to quit doing it.

Instead, I've decided to do something that actually can make a real difference in other people's lives. Today I went to the hospital where my mother passed away and enrolled in their volunteer program. Surely this is much more practical way to help others. I feel happy with this move and I know I'll feel incomparably more accomplished than by recruiting others to the JW cult.

Mrs Eden

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Good for you Mrs E. I know the feeling exactly. Since I no longer slave for the WTBTS corporation I have volunteered for different causes - raising money for prostate cancer, sick kids hospital and recently epilepsy. Since I was accustomed to be turned down or ignored in the door to door work, I have no issue canvassing and asking for donations. Group activities such as motorcycle rallies and fundraising BBQs are fun and a great way to make new friends. Mrs E you will find it very rewarding, much more than anything you may have done for the bOrg.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I often think about doing the same thing. I wish there was away to be on a team that would be called when a JW was at the hospital and needed blood but was unsure about their choices or was refusing. We could go in just one of us and use the Bible and any other tools to change their minds
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Good for you mrs. E!! You will find volunteer work MUCH more rewarding.
  • DJS
    DJS

Ms. Eden,

I am very proud of you. I volunteered quite a bit after exiting the cult 2 decades ago; it was very rewarding. Thank you for sharing; your presence on this site, along with Mr. Eden, is uplifting to all of us.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Mrs. Eden:

From cult member to hero. You do us proud!

• possum
    possum

Mrs Eden, as i faded away from org I trained as a nurse and now a social worker as a middle aged person quite a challenge. preaching and talking at not to people is so ineffective and disrespectful. Congrats for using your life skills and energies in a positive way and not wasting them on org..

• millie210
    millie210

First of all hugs to you sweetie on the loss of your mom. It is hard coming up to that first anniversary.

But you have just done something that will have a tangible impact in honoring your mothers memory.

Very inspiring.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

You go, love!!

Eden

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Wonderful decision.

I did the same. After i stopped the recruiting work i looked at volunteer work. I help refugees to learn the local language and in their integration.

I am so happy not to go door knocking again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit