Your Culture...

by dottie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dottie
    dottie

Hi Everyone !!

I just got home from my sociology class about culture and one of the things we were asked to do is list some things that were unique to our culture/country.

So I ask you, my friends from various countries around the globe....What is a symbol that is unique to your country or culture?????

Dottie

Of The Proud To Be Canadian Class

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

PUERTO RICO

My hometown is on the North West corner... Aguadilla

Mi isla querida, como te quiero. Como me encantaria jugar en tus playas una vez mas.

• larc
    larc

I would say the statue of liberty, given to us by the French, who helped us win the Revolutionary War, but don't seem to like us much these days.

• greven
    greven

Holland, hmm what comes to mind...

Legal pot / marihuana

Legal prostitution

XTC

Mills

Heineken

Secularism

Not much to be proud of I'm afraid, save Heineken and secularism...

Greven

• Prisca
    Prisca

Australia....

The outback dunny (toilet) The Milk/Cream Can mailbox

The original Victa mower The FX Holden (1948)

The Hills Hoist clothes-line

kookaburras

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Da Stillers.

Steelers football is bigger than God on Sunday.

Also, Pittsburgh's Primanti Bros. Sandwiches, with coleslaw and french fries ON the sandwich, is legendary.

CZAR

• Ed
    Ed

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

An excellent thread!

I feel like I belong to many cultures. But I will tell you what I perceive is the Texas culture, my home.

cowboy hats and boots

Longhorn cattle

Oil wells

Pick'mup trucks and Beamers

and one of my favorites.......Bluebonnets

• searcher
    searcher

If my antics are anything to go by, then for the English, it has to be our dedication to TEA.

searcher

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

TEXAS (a country unto itself at times): Bluebonnets, pickup trucks, and a really big sky.

Have you noticed that skies look different in different countries? For example, in St. Croix the sky is somehow cozier, a cheerful blue with pillow soft clouds bouncing along and cheerful chirping of banana quits. In the Northern Territory of Australia there's the feeling that the sky goes on forever, a hard blue with unforgiving sun, and at sunset bright pink when the flocks of galah cockatoos fly overhead.

Nina (of the I'd-Rather-Be-Out-In-The-Back-Yard Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit