Climbing the Walls

by Sargon 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• outnfree
    outnfree

Good for you, Sargon!

I wish you continued success.... all the cravings and crankiness are worth it, trust me!

outn[free of cigarettes for 13 years now ]

• Navigator
    Navigator

Great going Sargon! Every day is a major victory. Don't give up your hardwon gains. I know what you are going through as I smoked for 33 years. I dreamed about smoking for about one year after I quit about 17 years ago. My wife helped by telling me how much better I smelled after I quit. In case you haven't noticed, smokers have become a new class of "lepers" in most workplaces. I vowed to give the money I saved to my church. When I made it, ciggarets were less than $1 per pack in the military BX. Lately, that pledge has made me one of the "big givers" in my church. You will soon notice how much better you feel in the morning and how much better food tastes. Watch out there! I put on about 15 lbs. when I quit. Drink lots of water and stay active. Regular trips to the gym or taking long walks helped me. Good luck and God Bless!

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

How ya doing there Sargon!!! Still smoke free??? Hope so!!!! I'm still smoke free on this end! Hang in there and keep up the good work!!!

• Sargon
    Sargon

Last years attempt failed on day 5. Here I am on day 6 of this years program. I was in seclusion for the first 4 days. When I returned home it was harder being surrounded by other smokers, but my room is a haven away from all the others. This year I am using the patch and it makes a world of difference. With the patch I think I can actually pull this off.

• Sassy
    Sassy

We're here to support you if that helps!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit