Climbing the Walls

by Sargon 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sargon
    Sargon

Hi Scully,

Thought I'd hear from you. Actually it is $7 per pack. I've been putting the $7/day into a jar. $14 so far. It's not much but it's a start. No goal on what to spend it on... I'll have to think.

I pretty much dislike most candies (except chocolate) so I've vetoed that idea. But what a novel idea, cleaning my apartment and doing my laundry... long overdue anyway. Besides getting the smell out it also can keep me occupied.

• buffman
    buffman

I'm really disappointed in you guys. I'm surprised no one has suggested more sex to curb the cravings. LOL. Of couse I have never smoked, so I'm not sure if that works

• Mystla
    Mystla

Hmmm, I think I like Buffman.

I've never smoked, either, but it sounds like a good suggestion to me.

Mystla

• justhuman
    justhuman

Nice try keep on the good work

• Will Power
    Will Power

OMG - Sargon! (((HUG)))

Way to go! You said you would & you're doin it!

You've inspired me!

great suggestions here - esp buffman eh?

the laundry thing is not bad either. You could do each load twice! Or at least the whites, teehee

will

• Scully
    Scully

I've never smoked either, but I think more sex would help with my *ahem* oral fixation.

Love, Scully

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Hi there, Scully.

I quit smoking 246 days ago, I know it is not an easy thing to do. I had been smoking for 34 years and have tried many times to quit. This is the last time for me, and I will never go back to smoking.

A website I have found very helpful is www.stopsmokingcenter.net. It is very educational and very enlightening.

I wish you the best of luck. If I can quit smoking, anybody can.

• MaudeW
    MaudeW

Ooh I know a lot of this subject! I quit two years ago. I got all my support online. I have some great websites for you! One place I visited a lot was http://www.quitsmokingdiaries.com You can check in there with people who are going through the same thing you are. http://www.quitnet.com will hook you up with a quitmeter that will measure how many days, weeks hours and minutes you've been quit, how many cigarettes you haven't smoked and how much accumulated money you are saving. It's a great motivator. Another site that I made myself go to was http://www.whyquit.com It has experiences of people who have died of cancer. The list is long, the pictures and the stories are gruesome but I made myself look at them so that I could burn it into my brain what I was saving myself from - kind of an aversion therapy if you will.

Drink lots of water because the nicotine is going to start coming out of your pores. I had black gunk coming out of my nose, my ears, etc. (Probably more about me than you EVER wanted to know right? )

Keep saving your money that you don't spend on cigarettes. My boss did and she was able to go on a cruise at the end of a year! I bought myself an opal and diamond ring after my first year! Reward yourself! You are doing a hard thing!

Your Quit Date is: 9/5/2000

Time Smoke-Free: 889 days, 22 hours, 14 minutes and 36 seconds

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 22248

Lifetime Saved: 5 months, 19 days, 22 hours

Money Saved: $3,944.94

Edited by - MaudeW on 11 February 2003 22:14:58

• fulano
    fulano
    Re: Climbing the Walls Feb 10, 2003 12:38

Emperor Class

United States of America
    Since: Feb 8, 2002
    sMiOr+gjJK+or0L5StsKxA
    Pray more, study the Watchtower more, go out in field service more and attend more meetings... also make an effort to comment more at the meetings.

If that doesn't help you, then you will be DFed in 30 days.

LOL LOL

• Sargon
    Sargon

Day 4 and still alive.

MaudeW, welcome to the board, thanks to that link to quitnet. What a great idea. I registered, check this out:

Welcome back, sargon!
    You've been Quit 4 days. $17.50 and 15 hours of your life saved!
    Open Q-Gadget for details

Darkhorse, what a great role-model... 34 years and quit, congrats.

Hey Will, whites??? What are they, seems the more times I do my laundry the greyer they get.

Thanks everyone, today was easier than yesterday, hopefully it keeps getting better. Can't wait until I feel comfortable enough to have a beer again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit