Vagina Monologues

by wonderwoman77 13 Replies latest social relationships

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I was reading in the Queer as Folk thread and it was mentioned about how women can be oppressed sexually. Well this play is about how women should not be oppressed and how we should be comfortable with all parts of our bodies. I recommend that every woman see this play. I have seen it twice and it is worth every penny. I laughed and I cried. It is amazing, that some woman went around interviewing woman from young to old about their vagina's and what they would wear and what they would say and the stories that came out of it. Has anyone else seen this show? What did you think?

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

WW77,

Good to "see" ya.

Never have caught the whole show ( I have seen excerpts on TV,) but I hear it's good. It did play in Palm Springs last year (local women did the different parts) but I didn't find out about it until afterward.

I'm many things, but sexually repressed ain't one of them.

Andee

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

HEY WW!!!!!!!!!!! Long time......missed you! Where you been?

I haven't seen it yet either, just excerpts. It's playing in Chicago, so I hope to see it soon.

Did anyone see the parody they did on Mad TV? It was hilarious!

April

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Maureen McCormick has been doing the Vagina Monologues in Chicago and Santa Fe. Can you imagine Marcia Brady talking about her vagina? Mo's trying to break her Marcia image!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Can you imagine Marcia Brady talking about her vagina?

LOL! Marcia Brady was my IDOL when I was a kid. 8pm friday nights ABC.

Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Even Marcia has a Vagina!

She had the hots for Davey Jones, you know.

Andee

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Actually I have seen it...good stuff! Everyone should go check it out, and every show is usually different because they different women doing it...

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Hey all. Hi BG...nice to see you too. Hi Tat...wonderful seeing you. Sorry I have not been on the boards a lot lately. I have been busy with my new job and trying to adjust to that schedule. I still have to take my OT national exam, so I have been studying, and of course about 7 weeks ago, my girlfriend moved in and so I have been spending time with her.

I saw the vagina monologues were in chi town too tat, you should go see them, they are awesome. I am serious, every woman should see them!!!!

• larc
    larc

I have a question for the women here. Are women, in general, sexually repressed. I thought that ended in the 60's, woman's lib and all.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Did somebody say Vagina?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    I thought that ended in the 60's, woman's lib and all.

Women's lib is great, larc. But the double standard still exists. Men who sleep around are studs, women are whores.

Why this is true, I don't know. It's the question I asked on another thread, but hardly any men would respond.....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=46262&site=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit