I need to vent....

by CC Ryder 19 Replies latest jw friends

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hi everyone....Sorry for not being here as much as I usually am. I've only been in and out on the boards to check and comment on some threads I was on. Tink and I have had a stressful few weeks. My place of employment is taking a beating with the down swing of the economy. Since 9/11 we went from a 180 million dollar a year company to a 35 million dollar company and are still headed in the downward direction. Our employee total was 800+ prior to 9/11 and as of this past Friday is down to about 225. Friday we had another major layoff of 100 people and I finally made the list after missing the last 5 layoffs. I am not immediately out of work however, because I'm on a very important project and because were so understaffed, they have given me two weeks notice (Feb 21st is my last day) and have offered me to continue on, through a contract firm, until the end of the project I'm on (around two months). Tink has also had a close friend take her own life a few weeks ago. Were hanging in there, just wanted to vent alittle and fill you in as to why you haven't seen us too much lately. Thanks!!!

CC

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That's tough CC, I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time, best of luck to you and the lady!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am so sorry for the loss you both experienced. I wish I had some magic words to encourage you.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((CC & Tink))))

eeegads, sorry to hear of your hardships and future life adjustments.

Please be assured that you have friends here who understand a part of your struggles through life.

j2bf

ps Mulan, just get out your magical book and quote from it

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi CC,

I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to you. Before 9-11, my husband and his business partners were having a hard time deciding which multi-million contract to go with.... you can guess where the story ends. It hit him very, very hard, and he still struggles with job-security fears. After seeing a newly hired co-worker in the boss's office a few weeks ago, obviously upset and then mysteriously absent from work for a few days, he was convinced the place was in trouble... (turns out there was a death in the guy's family.... ) Anxiety sucks.

Here's to hearing some good news from you soon, and wishing you both well

lauralisa

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

CC

Man that's tough. I think one of the toughest things a person can face is the loss of a job, especially when you have family to support. I know, because it has happened to myself a few times. Re the contract thing though, that could be a blessing in disguise. Be it that contract work may not have the "level of security " that working for the Company has, many times it offers a better rate of pay, and the opportunity to make more contacts, ie keeping your ear to the ground as it were.

Update that resume and print those businees cards up and hand them out everywhere.

Sorry to hear about Tink and her friend. That is really tough. We had a friend who was a dub, who took his life after we left, and it was very hard to come to grips with.

Wishing you and yours all the best. email link is open.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Hang in there. The job situation sucks, but at least you have some notice to find something else to do.

• ugg
    ugg

SORRY to hear of the news....it is really tough....i hope things pick up for you both...hang in there!!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

As much as we all try to avoid admitting, those &$*(@!& who took down the trade centers took a mighty CHUNK outta the ass of the USAs economy. The ripple isnt over with yet. Im glad that my husband and I are self employed...(he does home inspections and will soon be GCing some homes) but its hard to pace your budget when it fluctuates so madly over the year.

Im sorry about Tinks friend...there is such a feeling of helplessness when somebody decides to do that. There really isnt much you can do to prevent it...they find a way. My husbands co-worker did that last year...one day we're having lunch with the man and his wife, two months later he sat in his car, turned it on, and left the planet and two little girls and a wife. I cant imagine the despondency they must feel to go to that extreme.

• dobby
    dobby

So sorry to hear you lost your job. My husband got laid off this past Tuesday after surviving three rounds of layoffs. Sorry about Tink's friend as well. It's hard to get hit with a lot of bad news at once. Take care of yourselves. Get some rest and take some time to heal before regrouping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit