Okay, Someone "Enlighten" Me... Pleas...

by AGuest 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Okay, folks... and dear Dave... listen up:

Oil... does NOT come from dead dinosaurs. Oil... comes from plankton... and plants... buried under sediment as a result of things like plate tectonics... including subduction of ocean water under continent crust, which is then chemically altered due to time, pressure and heat... many times in or near magma chambers. Truly. Ask any geologist.

And I wasn't preaching, dear one... just speaking truth. As I said, this is not about "religion", but the true ways of earthling man. That's it; that's all.

PEACE to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• seven006
    seven006

Gosh Valis. I should have know better, please forgive me. If it comes up again I'm saving time and asking you first. By the way, where do babies come from?

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Shelby,

Don't mess with me, I know you were preaching. It's OK, I quit messing with you a long time ago about your preaching. You are just too damn nice to jump all over about it. It wouldn't be any fun.

Dave

• Valis
    Valis

AGuest, when's the last time you passed both sections of college geology? Oil is as the USGS points out..

fossil fuel
    A substance found in the layers of the Earth that can be burned and is formed by the remains of plants and animals that lived millions of years ago. Oil, natural gas, peat, and coal are fossil fuels.

http://energy.usgs.gov/glossary.html

Evidence that geologic history does not jive w/Bible creationism.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• AGuest
    AGuest

fossil fuel
    A substance found in the layers of the Earth that can be burned and is formed by the remains of plants and animals that lived millions of years ago. Oil, natural gas, peat, and coal are fossil fuels.

Ahh, DOverBeerMan... peace to you... and I absolutely agree with that statement! But it has nothing to do with dinosaurs. It is called "fossil" fuel, because "fossil", in this case, denotes the remains... of something, in this case, organic material. And oil DOES come from the remains... of PLANKTON... which is made up of "plants and animals". So, the remains of plants and animals that made up the organic life form called "plankton"... are "fossils"... and the FUEL that is derived from such is thus called "fossil fuel." (Smiling sweetly...) K?

As far as science (evolution) vs. creation, I must say that I do find it curious that although science touts life as having originated in the oceanic "soup".... science also says that life actually originated from soil... versus the sea... indeed, that the components of "life" that theoretically came out of the sea... including one of the most basic components... salts... got INTO the sea by being washed there... from the soil where it existed FIRST. So, according to science, "life" actually came from and existed in the soil... before it EVER got to the sea. But... they TEACH that life started in the sea. (Scratching head...)

According to the creation account, however... the sea creatures were made BEFORE the land creatures... which were made BEFORE man... with which science also... agrees. Only discrepancy here is... for some... the "timeframe". Me? I have no problem with a "day" being 24 hours... or 24 million years. Doesn't matter, truly. I'm just not that pendantic, as I believe that what will prove to be... will prove to be. These are just mere details that won't add... or take away... one cubit from my life span.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ (who sends Dave a 'sisterly' hug...)

• seven006
    seven006

Shelby,

Just a hug? Where the hell is the kiss on my cheek?

Boy, you people who believe we are all in a world of hurt because a talking snake told a naked lady to eat a piece of fruit just bug me. All this typing and all I get is a hug? You blew it woman I was [ ] this close to believing in jesus.

Dave

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

My stance on this is well-known. And I tried to enlist to back up my words, but I was disqualified due to certain health problems. So I help explain America's position as best I can.

HOWEVER! To insist that oil is America's future is silly. Hydrogen is the next big thing, even W said as much in the SOU, so the Arabian countries had better diversify quick. Or then the bleeding heart liberals can coddle them by saying oh-the-poor-Arabs were defrauded and abandoned. Nuts to them!

CZAR

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dave, oh, Dave, oh, Dave, oh Davie... peace to you!

Dear one, my icons don't work... never have (what's up with that, anyway?). Had they, I would'a sent you one of those pink smiley faces with the big red lips (blown WAY up!)... but, alas... a "hug" was all I was able to muster without sending a message I feared some "ridiculer" would'a tried to misinterpret... you know how it is and all...

PEACE to you and XXXXXOOOOOXXXXXX... big time!!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• larc
    larc

I think there have been several statements made that are not true. Some have asserted that we are not conducting research on alternate energy sources. We are. 15 years ago, wind energy was ten times as expensive as fossil fuel energy. Today it is 1.5 times as expensive here in the States. In some places, it is already cost effective and is being used. It is all a matter of supply and demand. As the cost of alternate energy continues to drop and the cost of fossil fuel goes up, you better believe that we will make greater use of alternate energy sources. By the way, what have YOU done to lower your energy usage. I, for one, walk ten blocks to the store instead of driving. I routinely take the bus instead of driving my Buick Park Avenue around town. Now, it makes me sick when I see the rich and famous Hollywood stars preaching conservation when they live in huge mansions, and are high energy consumers.

• AGuest
    AGuest

So, okay, I've had my opportunity to "hear" these points of view... may you all have peace... (not the way the world gives it, thank JAH, but in the TRUE sense)... and I think I now "get" it. Based on what some here are saying, the issue are that;

1. Saddam Hussein is a bad man because he does heinous things to his own people. His own people won't do anything about it, but apparently are crying out for someone else to do it... and those someone's have come up with the BRILLIANT plan of LIBERATING them by... dropping bombs on them.

Yes, I most certainly can see how they will be "liberated." Heck, they won't have to worry about Saddam Hussein... or anyone else, for that matter. Can't YOU see it?

2. "We"" believe Hussein/Iraq has weapons of mass destruction... or materials to make weapons of mass destruction... which can, apparently, annhiliate a great many people, including their own... and themselves (what, Arab palaces are immune to toxic clouds?!)... and BEFORE they can use them... no, before they can MAKE (assemble) them... "we" need to ensure the world's safety... and PEACE... by starting a war.

Yep, I can see how starting a war would KEEP "world" peace. Can't YOU see it?

3. "We" are "right" because the heinous acts that "we" committed against "our" people were... well, simply the result of poor judgment, errors and misleadings... versus ungodly, wicked, evil hatred and contempt... because "we" have no evil intent... "we" never do!... and so, who knew that blacks were really human after all and enslaving them, lynching them, raping, murdering and experimenting on them until what, less than 50 years ago... was a "crime"? The "law" in this country allowed it, didn't it, and so it was actually "legal" at the time... and anybody who would'a said different at the time would be tried and hung for treason (that is, unless they were somebody important's son(s)-in-law...in which case, they were just sent to the military or some other such place so as to avoid public scandal...)

So, sure, I can see how "we" are truly "righteous" in our assessment of Saddam Hussein and his alleged treatment of his people... and how we CAN judge him without being hypocritical because "we" have NEVER succumbed to any such atrocity against "our" own people... and, of course, "we" never will... (although, gassing, burning with napalm, and dropping bombs on the the women and children of OTHER countries is an entirely different matter, as "they" are not "us" and so who cares about them anyway... but it IS, after all, "our job" to liberate them from this maniac, and liberate them we WILL... dammit... even if we have to KILL 'em to do it!)

Yes, my dear ones, I CAN "see" it all now. Truly! Thank you SO much for responding, because I was REALLY perplexed before! But now, NOW I have been "enlightened," and I can totally see the justification for "our" position.

For some reason, though, I feel REAL sorry for those poor Iraqi men, women, children and elderly who are about to finally "know" the liberation they've all been waiting for...

May they thank God... for "us". Not.

Again, I bid you peace... and that those of you who don't TRULY know it... may one day LEARN it. Truly.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit