Thinking about taking my fiance to a meeting.. going as a "worldly person"

by OneStepOut93 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

I may take my fiance to a meeting. Give them fake names and just see how my fiance reacts. He's been curious about seeing what I hated so much about the whole thing (not that he'll really understand EVERYTHING, I mean of course he never will to my extent but)... I'd like to see what an outsiders view on the whole thing would be as well. I'm really curious. I can't wait, my first time wearing NORMAL street clothes to a meeting and not feeling bad about doing anything "taboo".. actually I'll quite enjoy this.

Have any of you gone "undercover" or know of anyone who as gone undercover as a "worldly" person? How did it go? If not, would you? I know some of you would never step foot into a KH again, not that I blame you.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Tell him to inform the elders when he walks in, I'am DF. Then after the meeting tell

him to inform the elders he have never been a JW, he just wanted to see the love he

have heard about...

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I admire you One Step. I have never done what you describe. All two of my appearances at a KH in the past 40+ years have been as the "bad sister who rejected jehovah". No chance of any undercover fun there.

You will be like an anthropologist, studying a primitive culture. An undercover anthrolpogist. I look forward to your report.

:)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Video the love-bombing after the meeting.

After 10 minutes, have him say "I'm DF'd."

Post it on YouTube.

Great social experiment.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

LOL James.

OneStepOut:

Could be fun or incredibly boring. At least you can walk out without having it bother your conscience like it would a zombie.

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Berrygerry

I might just do that, lol we'll see how everything plays out!

OrphanCrow

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to it as well!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'm with James Mixon on this one!

Your partner will then see the true nature of the beast, as the informed elder warns him not to talk with others and then scurries around the hall warning folks that there's a pariah amongst them!

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Hi. I think it's a good idea.. Especially if you go this Sunday.

I highly recommend taking him to this Sunday's meeting.

Look at the study article they'll be reading:

www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150715/rapture-anointed-great-tribulation/

Maybe don't give him any warning what will be studied, just say nothing and see how he reacts.. ;)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

You'll probably be the only ones that turn up for the meeting. Well, seriously, at least the WBT$ will benefit from being able to count you as being in attendance....and the r&f will be able to 'count time(tm)' by talking to you.

Personally, I'd just snuggle on the sofa with a coffee and biscuits and watch JW.TV. If that doesn't make your other 'arf larf...I don't know what will.

• smiddy
    smiddy

defender of truth .

Looking at Sunday`s W.T.study article , does that not depict the exodus by the Muslims from Syria and Afghanistan ? fleeing from persecution , leaving all their possessions behind .?

Would`n`t that be funny ? Muslims have the truth ?

OH SHIT NO , not another crazy religion !

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit