Is it really that great being one of the Governing Body Members?

by John Aquila 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

As has been said, it's relative.

How does the average JW live? Not just in the US, but worldwide. Increases are mainly from third world countries or immigrants. Compared to that demographic, the GB live in luxury. Even more the middle class JW, the GB are in a bubble and don't experience the pressures, nor can they relate.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is it really that great being one of the Governing Body Members?

...................I`m Adored By 8 Million People..

......................I`M A WATCHTOWER GOD!..

.................Image result for Watchtower anthony morris

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    JW GoneBad
    Just ask Geoffrey Jackson if being one of the Governing Body members is really that big of a deal?

Is it just me or am I way off feeling sorry for that poor girl that married him and she has to see this face above her during knooky-knooky time.

Image result for geoffrey jackson jw pic

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They're in it for the power and the adulation, not money and luxuries.

Yes. I think a JW at that level is on a serious "head trip".

First, they think that God has selected them out of billions to be a JW.

Second, they think that God has hand selected them to be one of the very few to go to heaven to rule.

Third, they think that God has specially selected them to be of the very, very few (only 7) rules even while on earth and to be His "Guardian of Doctrine". They are worshiped and adorned because of their position.

While they may not have loads of personal cash and extravagant luxuries, ie, big house, Leno's car collection, they do have (while still in NYC) penthouse apartments overlooking the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan Skyline; they do get wined & dined at the best and finest places all over the world (while on speaking engagements); they do have people showering them with gifts that are of the finest of everything (Apple & Rolex).

They are likely egomaniacs and truly believe in their own grandeur.

Their heads have to be HUGE -- no hat would ever fit!

Image result for big head little hat

And yet they can claim that they only "earn" a modest $150/month "allowance".

Doc

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Magnum
    it's relative. Relative to the real world, they are zeroes and should be miserable. But in their own little world, they are at the top;

Like they say;

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

Image result for one eyed man is king pic

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Without their position on the GB, these men would have nothing.

x

They would BE nothing.

• Sabin
    Sabin

Manipulative Psychopaths do well in business, politics, & other professions (running a religious organization) because of their ability to con others into believing they are honest & ethical & have talent, experience & a flair for leadership. My new name for them PUPPETMASTERS, cause they pull all the strings & their loving it.

@ john Aquila, you don't get it cause your not an asshole!

• prologos
    prologos

OC: "--as a GB you can readily find a young honey half your age"-- ?--- You do not have to be GB material to achieve that

J A: "--feeling sorry for that poor girl that married him and she has to see this face above her--" that is the reason she closes her eyes, just like during prayer.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    prologos: OC: "--as a GB you can readily find a young honey half your age"-- ?--- You do not have to be GB material to achieve that

I didn't say that - I was only quoting JWGoneBad.

I only responded that it is "how women are thought of in the JW cult. Johnson warmers."

As I said before...and people wonder why abuse is such a problem in the JW cult??

And you are right, prologos, you don't have to be a GB member to measure success on whether or not you can get a young johnson warmer.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic
    Easy access to kids all across the globe.....predators will pretend to be anything , including a JW and GB, to have that kind of access to kids. Yes, like so many others have said, they want power, adulation and money.....but more so than anything..... it gives them free range access to a steady supply of obedient kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit