Dear YERUSALYIM,

by Focus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Please be gentle with Brother Focus folks,

Some folk say the devil is in the pedantic detail but the plain truth is that friendly people scare him, he's much happier if you just acknowledge his intellect then call him a bad name. (he suffers the flashbacks awful fierce - Kingdom Hall induced trauma is a sad thing indeed)

sensitive careing, unclebruce

Focus: You're a wordsmith unparralled in modern times ... but thou art also a leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch! (Henry IV, part I)

Prisca: I know us coothless newbies look about as at home here as a pig at a synagogue but the truth is I like a bit of argy bargy and biffo betwixt posters. Things really come alive when the big blokes cruise alongside all guns blazing and armed to the teeth. When this happens we have the choice of enjoying the show from a safe distance or pretend they're saying something new and meaningfull and fire off a few broadsides of our own.

uncoothbruth who's been known to do a damned good HG Nelson when pushed

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

FOCUS,

Unfortuantely, I have to admit that evenif it is an arcahic (did I spell that right?) form of "philosophy" the reason I have it as "philosphy" is because I'm dependent upon my spellcheck, which doesn't work in this forum. Hey Simon, there's an idea, can we get a spell check.

Focus, on the otherhand, I'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU'D EASE UP OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT, GEEZ! BACK OFF!

Yeru,

YERUSALYIM

There is more of heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosphy, Horatio.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Hey FOCUS, maybe you need a new browser. When I click on the envelopes I get an email to pop up with there address in it all ready to go. So I don't know what troubles your having with that hmmmmm works fine for me!

Venice

• Focus
    Focus

Prisca wrote:

Focus - for someone that attacks other posters and speaks his mind, you sure are shy about your (hidden) identity!

Yep. Might have a reason, too.

Tallyman empathized:

Focus, I forgot. What time do our Anger Management classes start this week?

Just meet me and Julio down by the schoolyard... we can then take it out "on" Mamma Pajama

Englishman opined:

"A Tale of Two Cities does not come into it, though I can imagine Sidney Carton uttering them in some parallel universe".
    Well said, Focus, it is a far, far better thing that you do than you have ever done before.

Since your knowledge of what I have done before is necessarily limited (you are not me), it is unclear to me how you can be so sure... But it is good (for Mamma) that people can be so sure, isn't it?
    PS: Brooklyn Bridge is for sale. I'm sure you can trust me and that you are sure of this too. That'll be a "far better still" thing, then!

unclebruce scribbled:

Please be gentle with Brother Focus folks

****** R-O-T-F-L ******

Some folk say the devil is in the pedantic detail but the plain truth is that friendly people scare him, he's much happier if you just acknowledge his intellect then call him a bad name. (he suffers the flashbacks awful fierce - Kingdom Hall induced trauma is a sad thing indeed)

The above fine reasoning constitutes proof that fornicating with koalas does not endanger your mental health - contrary to the fine counsel given by the Faithful and Indiscreet Slave in 'Life Everlasting In Freedom of the Sons of God', pp45-7, that slickly-named bestseller from '66 (God suggested Adam indulge in a bit of bestiality, sez the Watchtower).

Focus: You're a wordsmith unparralled in modern times ... but thou art also a leathern-jerkin, crystal-button, knot-pated, agatering, puke-stocking, caddis-garter, smooth-tongue, Spanish pouch! (Henry IV, part I)

But .. first, let's kill all the lawyers.

Things really come alive when the big blokes cruise alongside all guns blazing and armed to the teeth. When this happens we have the choice of enjoying the show from a safe distance [..]

That reminds me - can F iend be wheeled out again, please? Methinks Greggie Stafford (grammatical expert extraordinaire who seems to have phrases and clauses confused) won't play ball after his last own goal with me; Mr BeDuhn vanished in a puff of smoke after my (mini) warning shot; and Furuli-of-the-Fjords apparently did not fully appreciate the subtlety of my communication to him on the blood issue (one hundred and twenty quotes demonstrating the Complete Idiocy of the Watchtower on matters Medical or Biological)

Else I will have to resume disciplining those closet WT-supporters like AlanF, Farkel "ETAL". Or muddy myself in Usenet, where the anatomically-challenged "One Brow" and the "MustUrd" are to once again be found.

Yeru essayed:

FOCUS [..] I'm dependent upon my spellcheck, which doesn't work in this forum. [..] EASE UP OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT, GEEZ! BACK OFF!

Hmmm... you misspelled "Thanks for the correction!" there.

VeniceIT wisely said:

Hey FOCUS, maybe you need a new browser. When I click on the envelopes I get an email to pop up with there address in it all ready to go

I see you have misunderstood what I wrote. Let me repeat it:

[repeat]
    Because of some restrictions built into this site, the only anonymizing proxy (at the end of a chain of them) that I can use to (safely) access jehovahs-witness.com is "anonymizer" (I am not an expert - I am told to suggest to Simon that he "unblocks" "Safeweb"). That translates all embedded email addresses into this:
    http://util.anonymizer.com/cgi-bin/alert.cgi?message=no_mail
    Which masks the email address, 100%. You can see this for yourself - access this very page by CLICKING ON:
    http://anon.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=4618&site=3
    and now move your cursor over to the little envelope under "Prisca". You will see that clicking on it does nothing remotely useful, and the bar at the very bottom of the Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator window will show the "message=no_mail" message.
    Therefore, I did not email Yeru simply because I do not know his email address.
    [/repeat]

So, please click where I have asked, and then click on the envelopes, and see if the email pops up or if an email address appears... or not. You will conclude that you need a new browser, perhaps?

//Believe me, if I could solve this one easily, I would.

--
    Focus
    (Coy*** Class)

• Englishman
    Englishman

HHHmm. This method of argumentation seems somewhat familiar.

Cheers, Focus, still as entertaining as ever, many thanks.

Englishman - who's "better half" lectures at college.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Focus,

While I appreciate your concern for my welfare within the linguistic arts, that darn clip and paste is for the birds. I said, "FOCUS I'm dependent upon my spellcheck, which doesn't work in this forum. EASE UP OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT, GEEZ! BACK OFF" Your are correct, it was misspelled it should have said BITE ME!

Yeru, who thinks this is the best thread so far.

YERUSALYIM

There is more of heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosphy, Horatio.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

just my 2 cents for S&G's

yeru:
    you may want to write your post first on notepad or word, then cut and paste it on to the thread reply
    this may save you some grief . . .

CHUCK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit