Dear YERUSALYIM,

by Focus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus
    YERUSALYIM
    There is more of heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosphy, Horatio.
    Dickens: A Tale of Two Cities

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy" are the words of Hamlet from Hamlet, Act II, Scene V, by William Shakespeare - A Tale of Two Cities does not come into it, though I can imagine Sidney Carton uttering them in some parallel universe.

Hope this helps.

--
    Focus
    (HTH Class)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Why couldn't you just email this to Yerusalyim, Focus? and why the need to be so hostile in your posts? Calm down mate, you need to resolve your anger issues.

• Focus
    Focus

Prisca asked:

Why couldn't you just email this to Yerusalyim, Focus?

Because of some restrictions built into this site, the only anonymizing proxy (at the end of a chain of them) that I can use to (safely) access jehovahs-witness.com is "anonymizer" (I am not an expert - I am told to suggest to Simon that he "unblocks" "Safeweb"). That translates all embedded email addresses into this:

http://util.anonymizer.com/cgi-bin/alert.cgi?message=no_mail

Which masks the email address, 100%. You can see this for yourself - access this very page by clicking on:

http://anon.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=4618&site=3

and now move your cursor over to the little envelope under "Prisca". You will see that clicking on it does nothing remotely useful, and the bar at the very bottom of the Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator window will show the "message=no_mail" message.

Therefore, I did not email Yeru simply because I do not know his email address. I did look up a few of his recent messages to see if it appeared on them before posting - it did not.

Explanation complete. This anonymizer masking causes me problems in many places.

I'm not sure what you saw in what I wrote to Yeru that was "hostile" - could this be (only) in the eyes of the observer? Correcting a simple mistake, not impolitely, is not being hostile by my definition.

I actually went through and checked "A Tale of Two Cities" (NOT available online, by the way) just to make sure that Carton or some other Dickensian character had not quoted Shakespeare somewhere in it (they had not) - which would have explained Yeru's sig.

Also, Yeru's apparent misspelling of "philosophy" as "philosphy" in the quote is also interesting - as this same misspelling occurs in quite a few places on the web! My printed copy of Hamlet, and an online Shakespeare, however, both use the "correct" spelling. I am unsure (not yet checked) of whether the the o-omitted variant is an archaic spelling or whether this was just a typo that has propagated. Even "philos'phy" might be possible.

Please, do not confuse quasi-scholarly interest with hostility. If you have done this, though, you are certainly far from alone. Nonetheless, you may be right about "anger issues"...

--
    Focus
    (Clazed Glass )

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Focus Etal, see post to Mommie Dark.

YERUSALYIM

Shakespere: Hamlet

• Prisca
    Prisca

Focus - for someone that attacks other posters and speaks his mind, you sure are shy about your (hidden) identity!

And Yerusalyim before focus points it out to you, "Etal" should be written as "et al". Just getting in before focus does

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

now i know where my nad busters went. . .

making friends quick i see yeru,

sorry dude i couldn't resist

Chuck

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Focus,

I forgot. What time do our Anger Management classes start this week?

• Englishman
    Englishman

"A Tale of Two Cities does not come into it, though I can imagine Sidney Carton uttering them in some parallel universe".

Well said, Focus, it is a far, far better thing that you do than you have ever done before.

Englishman.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Dark Cloud,

Actually, I'm suprised it wasn't you that busted me up on this first.

Yeru (of the swollen nads class)

YERUSALYIM

Shakespere: Hamlet

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

sorry to dissapoint you Yeru,

literature was never my strong point though i'm trying to catch up. . .

CHUCK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit