Things to do when they come knocking

by Skimmer 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

I encourage people not to either verbally or physically harass JWs when they come knocking on the door.

Saying this, I recognize that it is ever so tempting to try the following:

1) Answering the door wearing a T-shirt with a logo such as "Satan Rules", "Member of the Evil Slave Class", and "1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, What's Next?"

2) Answering the door wearing only underwear (or less).

3) Dropping a name of some governing body member and suggesting that you got to know him when he and you were in jail together, and then ask if they know if he's stopped some particular filthy habit.

4) Answering the door while brandishing a pitchfork.

5) Say that you're so glad they came and that it's good for people to have an open mind about their religion and to be willing to change; once you get them excited with this, show them a copy of the WTBTS failed prophecy list (backed by quotes from their own literature) and ask if they are open minded as well.

6) As most JWs have never looked at a copy of _Studies in the Scriptures_, tell them that you've gotten many of your religious beliefs by pyramidology; then show them a copy of _SitS_ and point to the WTBTS copyright notice.

I have #5 and #6 ready for the next visit.

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

skimmer

e-mail me a copy please!!!???

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

or "I survived 1975 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Hello dark clouds:

A good place to start for a list of WTBTS date setting errors, all of which are backed up by quotes from their own literature, is the following link from the freeminds web site:

* http://www.freeminds.org/history/part1.htm

• crossroads
    crossroads

Slipn' are you marketing that shirt-I'll buy some
    here's another one for you to market with it.
    ALIVE in 75
    and-85
    and-95
    and-05
    and-15
    25-dead
    system lives on!

• crossroads
    crossroads

Slipn' are you marketing that shirt-I'll buy some
    here's another one for you to market with it.
    ALIVE in 75
    and-85
    and-95
    and-05
    and-15
    25-dead
    system lives on!

• TMS
    TMS

This type of post is never humorous to me. Treating individual witnesses of Jehovah capriciously would not make my day. It would actually be a form of self-betrayal, considering the hundreds of thousands of doors I have knocked on in 48 years of field ministry.

Honestly, the approaches suggested in this thread would not embarrass or intimidate a veteran witness.

Recently, two LDS missionaries approached me in my yard. As they neared I was struck by their obvious youth and it occurred they could just as easily be two young pioneers. We visited for 30 minutes or so and I probed them gently about baptism of the dead and the Book of Mormon. They were very respectful of me and politely excused themselves.

TMS

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hhahah here's the T-shirt site there great!
    That's my fav Slip!

http://members.aol.com/JWsign/jwts.html

Venice

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Well not answering the door comes to mind. But realistically what you should do is tell them that yes you do have an interest in the bible and that you wonder if they can help you?? Show them Luke 21:8 and relate that to the Catholic Church and the Pope as an example I'm sure they will agree with you, then spring it on them, If it works for the Pope it should become glaringly clear to them that it also applies to the Popeadopes (governing Body, wtbts, borg, etc.) Its probably wishful thinking but leave it at that and hopefully a seed will work its way through the cement and find some manure and good dirt in there to grow in. Buff

• Latte
    Latte

TMS,

Yes,I agree with you. I have dear friends that are slaving for the org. I know for sure that they truly believe that they are right in what they are doing. I love them very much. They are VERY nice people, even if they shunned me (if I was DF/DA) I would put it down to their 'mind conditioning' which I do not believe is there fault, when you take into account that they are born and bred JW's.

I would never want to attack their beliefs, as I feel they would just 'dig there heels in'
    If I want to help them them it HAS to be slowly and gently.

By the way TMS, I have always enjoyed you posts, I value your experience in the org. especially when you talk about 1975 and assemblies. Hope to hear some more!

Latte

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit