Are the elders wrong. Or am I ???

by Pking 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pking
    Pking

I recently wrote a story bout being accused of smoking. And then taken off for being nasty for trying to stand up for myself.

They told me im not allowed to do field service. Then told me they DONT want to SEE me in the street at all!!. How could they say that.

Q.1 Am i allowed to do field service as an unbaptized publisher which has been taken off?

Ive been taken off for over a year now, and NO elder has come to speak to me since then. They have never come to me and askedme how i was doing in my life. Have i improved, am i humble, do i want to repent, or even "do i want to come back????". They have just left me alone.

Q.2 Is it fair that they leave me alonelike this? Or am i suppose to go to them?. Were or ARE they supposed to check up on me. At least ONCE this year since ive been taken off?

Any Opions?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

As long as one is not df'ed or da'ed, nobody can deny or prevent someone from participating in the field service. But since you are not baptized, formally they have the right to deny you to take part, because they are the ones who decide when or if an unbaptized person is to be allowed to take part.

As for visiting you, they are instructed to go back to previous publishers once a year of possible, if they deem it useful. So again, it is pretty much up to their judgment, if they think it would be fruitful to visit you.

These are the formal points, the moral ones are another aspect I do not touvh here, just what formally is to be expected.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Welcome newbie PKing. Not only are the elders wrong, but the entire WTS is wrong about everything you described. Sorry for the lousy treatment you've been given.

1. Do you consider yourself a Christian? Then you can preach the gospel anywhere, anytime. You don't need the "dipping" by the WT to do so.

As far as them saying they do not want to see you "in the street at all," do they mean "in the street WITNESSING"? Or they just don't want to see you AT ALL? If it's the latter, well, you know the answer to that: It's a free country!

2. As far as them leaving you alone for an entire year, and whether they should come check up on how you are doing, I think you already know the answer to that as well. The "good shepherd" would leave the 99 sheep and go find the ONE.

Hope this helps.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Pking and welcome aboard!

I think there'd be many reading your post who'd wish that the elders would ignore them like you're being ignored! Ironic, isn't it?

Frankly, they're doing you a favor. Remember the saying "Get out of her, my people!" ? Take it as advice to you to keep well away from them. Take it from one who knows, OK?

Enjoy your time here; we look forward to reading more from you.

Cheers, Ozzie

• obiwan
    obiwan

Take it to the C.O.

Edited by - obiwan on 5 February 2003 7:2:47

• gumby
    gumby

And then taken off for being nasty for trying to stand up for myself.

Well pking, if your a person who stands up for themselves.....you'll never make a good JW anyways so you might as well quit while your ahead.That Organisation is built on submission......not to Christ......but to their rules and regulations.

You are NOT allowed to make biblical decisions on your own......you must follow THEIR advise as you have no say in matters. If it's the bible you want to follow, Jesus said he would send a helper in the form of the holy spirit to guide you........not an Organisation located in Brooklyn N.Y.

Good luck,

Gumby

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Take it to the CO - real humble like - if there's one thing I like to see before shafting the pride of a jw, it's having other jws do it - first.

Edited by - a paduan on 5 February 2003 9:12:47

• Mum
    Mum

So, do you actually want to go in field service? What you do on a public street is none of their business. Do not give them power to which they are not entitled. If they have power over you, it is because you gave it to them. Take it back. Now.

The word of the day is "self empowerment." If you feel the need to be submissive to someone, talk to Jesus.

Best regards,

SandraC

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I say you should not even bother to get it back. You have a good thing going, you can say as much crap as you want, and they can't disfellowship you or do anything. You have the upper hand on them, and they HAVE to listen....

Works for me!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think this is a very interesting development, Pking.

The elders are trying to FORBID you from going door-to-door? On what grouds can they do that? What if your sole means of support was working as an Avon Representative? If they don't want to see you on the street, perhaps they should stay indoors!

It will be interestig to see how this works out. Interesting because pedophiles and convicted criminals are all allowed to go from door-to-door. I suppose the litmus test is your "standing" in the congregation.

I find it difficult to imagine that you'll be a Dub for very much longer, Pking - you have too much backbone and self-respect to permit them to continue to abuse you like this. First false charges, now totalitarian demands. Nice.

Best wishes to you. Your talents would be better used in the cause of freedom, i.e., "apostasy."

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 5 February 2003 17:57:45

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit