Are the elders wrong. Or am I ???

by Pking 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pking
    Pking

To make it clear to people. They said they didnt want to see me in the streets doing field service.

The one aspect that i wanna point out, is that no elder ever came to speak to me or follow up on me after more than a year now

When i was taken off. I stayed away for over 2 months. When i came back. Only ONE elder came to me and said his glad to see me back and attending the meetings. Since then not one other elder has even tried to speak to me, or said anything to me at that fact.

But how am i suppose to show that i have improved or that i am not the same person OR to even answer up and taken back in the meetings when im not allowed to do anything. I maen, i attend meetings, sit there, listen, then go home. What much help does that offer me. I cant improve myself by doing field service cuz im not allowed. Shit one hey.

So how am i supposed to be taken back. What recodnition do i have.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Hi Pking,

The one aspect that i wanna point out, is that no elder ever came to speak to me or follow up on me after more than a year now

The elders are fairly strict on who can and who cannot go witnessing amongst the unbaptised, if you were caught smoking, that would definately count against you, and maybe they don't like your attitude, or feel, you haven't changed in their eyes, without knowing you personally nobody here could really comment on that.

Only ONE elder came to me and said his glad to see me back and attending the meetings. Since then not one other elder has even tried to speak to me, or said anything to me at that fact.

Are you still smoking? Makes no difference to me personally, but if you want to be a dub, then that's the first thing you'd have to stop. Non smokers can smell smokers a mile off. So if they even detect the slightest smell of smoke on you, there's no way they'll even attempt to approach you at the KH or at home.

But how am i suppose to show that i have improved or that i am not the same person OR to even answer up and taken back in the meetings when im not allowed to do anything. I maen, i attend meetings, sit there, listen, then go home. What much help does that offer me. I cant improve myself by doing field service cuz im not allowed.

The more significant question here isWHY would you want to go back, or be re-accepted? What's in it for you? Think about that seriously, do some research on the JW's from various sites on the Internet and see what's said about them, and look at the hypocrisy associated with the organisation.

Generally, the people that frequent this site won't encourage you to go back, most of us have left the organisation, for one reason or another, some have been disfellowshipped. So if you need reasons as to why NOT to go back, you'll find plenty here.

Your decision, but like I said there are many people here that will give you many sincere reasons to avoid them entirely.

Just ask questions.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So, have I got this right?

You actually want to go in field service. You want to walk the street with a fellow dub and a bag full of lit. , Most people are not home , the rest are not interested, some are rude. After an hour or so you go home and dutifully write it down on a little piece of paper which the Cong Sec adds up at the end of a month and dutifully posts off to the Borg

If any one will listen you tell them to take a Watchtower. Behind the nice presentations the hard truth contained is that if they dont repond, they get slaughtered at Armageddon. If they do respond, they can live forever, their kids can play with lions , they stay young forever long after the rest of us poor s.... have been ripped apart by the vultures.

If you want to tell them that just stand up in the main street and tell them . If you dont get arrested !!!!!

• Pking
    Pking

Lets put it like this.

I dont want to do field service. I like Not doing it. The fact is i go to meetings still cause my whole family goes and all my uncles, aunts and all that shit. So if i stop... They all gonna hate me. Which is where i come back to my story.

What im showing to everyone is that the elders are not fair and have no right to tell me im not allowed to do field service when i actually AM allowed. Just proving what such a bunch of PRICKS all these elders are, to tell me that type of stuff, and not even bother to follow up on my progress. Making the whole congregation hate me cuz i dont improve.

I mean, what if i WAS and ARE improving or improved, become this good Holy Ass Son of a WT, WANTING to come back and redeem my self and get this wonderful everlasting life that they all BRAG about. BUT, NO ELDER BOTHERS TO FIND THAT OUT. Just assume im still a rebel, still bad, and not bother to waste there time with a person of my stature or style of person. You know, that young rebelliuos type that influences all the elders sons to smoke and daughters to have PRE-MATURE sex and all that shit.

So im just happy with where i stand. No complaints. I dont bother them. They dont bother me. hehe!!!

MAN. WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN WANNA BE WITNESSES???. BEATS THE CRAP OUTTA ME.

• purplehaze
    purplehaze

Hey there, I know what you are going through. You are not wrong for how you feel.I've had my share of elders judging me, ignoring me and all the rest. But the number one thing is to see through their imperfections and know that Jehovah loves you and cares so much for you. The elders are imperfect men, who can act like real pricks at times. Yes it is Jehovah's organization but we humans are imperfect. Be true to Jehovah because you love him and try to get past all the rest. Pray to Jehovah and he will look after you. He may not miraculously make an elder show up at your door, but he can give you the strength to keep going, despite whatever Satan put's before you. Don't give up, just do what you need to endure. If that means going to see the elders and saying, 'why are you not encouraging me' or if it means changing congregations. Do whatever it takes just don't let imperfect men distroy your relationship with Jehovah. Don't get caught up in negativity. Know that you are not alone, really. I'm here if you want to talk. [email protected]

• Seven
    Seven

Welcome purplehaze and Pking, Please read more re: imperfect men here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=46099&site=3

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, look at it from the elder's point of view. They are charged with the important responsibility of discerning if everyone in the congregation has the appropriate meek and humble attitude. It takes a great deal of energy trying to discern who they can talk to and who is a waste of their time. Sometimes one doesn't get Holy Spirit direction until long after the person has left. Here you come along talking fairness and all mad that they don't love you any more.

Come to think of it, forgiving someone seventy times seven times would be a lot less work. Why don't you write the FDS a letter suggesting that such a doctrinal change would release the elders to spend more time with their families and in the all-important field work?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit