Sharon Roe to be df'd tonight.

by avishai 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Prisca
    Prisca
    After speaking with Sharon some time ago, I somehow doubt that the actions of this despicable organization will silence her.

Glad to hear it.

I can't believe sometimes what this organisation tries to get away with.

• avishai
    avishai
    After speaking with Sharon some time ago, I somehow doubt that the actions of this despicable organization will silence her.

My thoughts exactly, shes a strong lady & one hell of a speaker. Also, pretty forgiving to see that it was'nt all her brother in law & not hate him. I Love her & her family tons. I think they'll make it.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

avishai --- If Sharon would be willing, I would appreciate it if she would email me.

I'm working on something that could use her input and that should have some

effect. My email is open.

LoneWolf

• Naddia_the_Godless
    Naddia_the_Godless

LyinEyes,

Im new to this board and havent had time to post an introduction yet, but I wanted to reply to your post about your mother. Reading about the loss of your mother really triggered my emotions. I can only imagine how mentally tortured she must have been to leave behind a daughter. And it must have been very difficult for you, especially as a teenager, to lose your mother.

When I was 9 years old my parents went through some big ordeal in the congregation. I was never informed of all the details, but I know that my father was either deleted or stepped down as an elder. Afterwards he stopped attending meetings for a while and my mother became very depressed. She attempted suicide and was hospitalized for a while. She had suffered with chronic depression most of her life but had managed it. This acute episode that led to the suicide attempt was precipitated entirely by problems within the congregation and guilt feelings of unworthiness before Jehovah.

But apparently that wasnt enough. Attempted suicide is a gross sin and must be dealt with appropriately, so the elders met with her in the hospital to inform her that she would be privately reproved. What a loving arrangement. The sad thing is that she felt she deserved the punishment.

I feel so badly for her and I worry about her all the time. Ive dealt with a lot of guilt, sadness and depression from leaving this deleted up cult. But I can take one look at my little girl and know that it could never be bad enough to cause me to leave her. I can only imagine how much guilt, hopelessness and despair a mother must feel to abandon her family by committing suicide. But I can imagine it. My ex husband, who is still an active JW, has told me many times that my input regarding my daughter doesnt really matter because the end of this system is coming any day and I will be gone, out of the picture, and he will be raising our daughter on his own. I suppose that if I still believed that bullshit I might think it better to end my life now than to have my daughter watch Jehovah destroy me during Armageddon.

My mother will no longer associate with me because Im disfellowshipped. She will only speak to me regarding babysitting arrangements for my daughter, only necessary business dealings. She often sounds very sad when I talk to her, and a few times Ive asked her if shes ok or if there is anything I can do for her. She always says, No, Im not ok. I need you to come back to the truth. She pleads with me to come back to the religion. But I just cant do it. And I often worry that one day Ill get a call that she killed herself. Her mother committed suicide when she was a child and I believe that she is capable of going through with it if she sinks low enough, especially if she stops taking her medication.

It breaks my heart that this religion can tear apart something as precious as families. It ruins many lives, sometimes permanently and with finality. Im sorry that you and your family have had to lose so much because of this crazy cult. Im glad that you have found your freedom, LyinEyes. And at least youre here now to preserve your mothers memory. My heart goes out to you.

Nad

Edited by - Englishman on 12 February 2003 10:35:32

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hi Naddia. Cute name & welcome to the board.

. My ex husband, who is still an active JW, has told me many times that my input regarding my daughter doesnt really matter because the end of this system is coming any day and I will be gone, out of the picture, and he will be raising our daughter on his own.

You might try to document that. A Judge would love to show your ex just how wrong he is.

• avishai
    avishai

BTTT just to say that Sharon is doing great.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

This was such a painful thread to read through - the lives destroyed and damaged by the WTS is tragic. People everywhere need to know of the real human toll caused by the cold heartless (and yes evil) policies of this organisation. To the GB and others at the top these beautiful humans who's lives they have destroyed are just statistics, soon forgotton.

Hopscotch

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I hope a few of those 'just get over it' apologists take a good hard look.

This cult is evil.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit