Bethels all downsizing within a year?

by Formerbrother 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe this has come into effect because even the WTS leaders ( GB) know they have been involved in a long running pretentiously orchestrated commercialized fraud.

They've lastly ruminated upon the fact that they really don't have anything of great importance to try and sell to the public so why not downsize the printing operations and move whatever they have to digital format ???.

In the hopeful speculation that people will forget about what the Watchtower Corporation has done and taught for the last century.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    They are under some type of legal injunction to halt all projects so that they sue the pants off this cruel corporation built on lies and false enslaving hopes and have access to all assets and make them more liquidateble and to stop the foolish worthless projects before they eat up more liquid assets . Is my guess?
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had this silly theory before.

Watchtower has always been sort of jealous of the Mormons because they are seen as more mainstream, what with celebrating Christmas and even showcasing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, encouraging college and personal advancement 'in the world', yet also accepting a set tithing.

My silly theory was that, unable to duplicate what LDS have, Watchtower switched to attempting to duplicate what Scientology has- a bunch of money with their tax-free status and no real need to spend that money on the members, therefore no real need for large membership.

Well, Watchtower took all the money and finds that ongoing contributions are not as high as hoped for. You know- take all my money and ask for more, I don't think so. Add the facts that they took congregation savings along with their asking higher rates at assemblies yet they are producing less printed materials, and the people who didn't go to college and didn't accept so much overtime are taking advantage of the anonymous aspect of their donation arrangement and giving no more (perhaps less) than in the past.

So, even if Watchtower is not yet at their dire circumstances as regards money, they are not wasting time. Despite their huge campaign of introducing new-style commercial Kingdom Halls, they are not building too many new halls. Despite the workers being paid slave wages, they really don't see a need to keep them. Recruitment will be down, but as long as they have all the money already, who needs people?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Russell was a great fiction writer just like Ron Hubbard and they both believe in expelling demons. Their corporations were both founded on human guliblity and a desire to serve a noble cause for some greater power.
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

I agree with dropoffyourkeylee that most of the scuttlebutt about this indicates a 20% reduction in workforce, not 80. But what would you think about a major corporation saying they were laying off 20% of their employees? You would have to figure that they are in big financial trouble.

So did they begin all of these projects and "hire" all of these Bethelites while betting on the come (hoping contributions would rise)? I doubt it. The GB may not have better sense than that but somebody in the Org does. They have bean counters, you can bet on that. So what happened? Something catastrophic I would think. The few million that they are paying Candice Conte doesn't seem like enough to tip them over, but maybe they are putting together a massive war chest to protect themselves against additional lawsuits that they know are on the way. Or maybe they're stockpiling money for something else that hasn't been revealed yet. Maybe there's a time bomb ticking out there somewhere...

• Giordano
    Giordano

One thing we haven't touched on is Bethel and the branches downsizing means hundreds maybe thousands of brothers and sisters who made their home and career in those places and are now being for the most part.......... demoted. For the most part dismissed as they return to their local congregation with little or nothing to show for their years of service.

How up building is that going to be? In private conversations will they be expressing how they really felt after years of volunteer service? Will they reveal the dark side of the WT? If so thousands of friends and family will hear about 'stuff' that will no longer be covered over.

I expect this will be another P.R. disaster for the Society.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Does anybody know what will happen in London?

They bought hundreds of acres of land just outside London, a place called Chelmsford. I gather most of the building is on hold and most of the workforce gone home.

I wonder if they will sell of some of the land? I think it will be greatly reduced project from now on.

someone said the other hundreds of acres was going to be for farming? Anybody know more info?

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Re London: letter from branch says the project will be "reduced in scope" - whatever that means. I'm guessing they did not get the response they hoped for from their requests to congregations for more funds.

I do know for a fact, that the Bro responsible for the finances associated with the project has been sent home. If it were going ahead even "reduced in scope", his skill set would still be needed. The awake Bros I know locally do not believe the project will continue and the "reduced in scope" language is just a nonsense, like so much else they say nowadays as well!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

someone said the other hundreds of acres was going to be for farming? Anybody know more info?

yes--theyre going to grow miracle wheat--and let the other sheep graze it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Its a toxic waste site. I dont want to consume the meat of animals grazing at Chelmsford.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit