Bethels all downsizing within a year?

by Formerbrother 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OnTheWayOut - "...Watchtower took all the money and finds that ongoing contributions are not as high as hoped for..."

It is, IMO, the height of irony when a group that discourages its membership from advanced education experiences financial problems...

...as a direct result of the membership not earning enough to support said group because they'd followed said group's recommendations against the advanced education that would otherwise have made that financial support possible.

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

socrateswannabe - "...The few million that they are paying Candice Conte doesn't seem like enough to tip them over, but maybe they are putting together a massive war chest to protect themselves against additional lawsuits that they know are on the way..."

Their actions in the Campos case last year have pretty much given their legal opponents a virtually foolproof precedent to beat them, IMO.

They'd have to be idiots not to have realized this.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    They're facing millions from the ARC fallout and possibly millions more in the UK as well. It's only a matter of time before more come out in the US as well.
  • Formerbrother
    Formerbrother
    "London: letter from branch says the project will be "reduced in scope" - whatever that means. I'm guessing they did not get the response they hoped for from their requests to congregations for more funds.

I do know for a fact, that the Bro responsible for the finances associated with the project has been sent home. If it were going ahead even "reduced in scope", his skill set would still be needed. The awake Bros I know locally do not believe the project will continue and the "reduced in scope" language is just a nonsense, like so much else they say nowadays as well!"

Do you know the brothers name in question who was responsible for the finances?

I hear there were hundreds at Chelmsford, it has been reduced to about 30 people. They cant really do anything else now, they are waiting for the redesign.

It was 80 acres, then last year they bought another 250 acres surrounding the site.

What will happen to all this land now?

I hear stories that it was a toxic waste site, but arent these stories always said by apostates whenever the society buys some land?

I know it was a scrap car yard, you can still see it on google earth, but that has all been cleared away now.

I would be very surprised if it is all cancelled like ten years ago when they were supposed to move to Milton Keynes.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Now I hear they are kicking out of Bethel anybody who has had more than 20 sick days in a year.

The more you have taken off sick the higher up the list you are to get kicked out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'm telling you guys, the Org wants to cull the R&F down to just hard-core loyalists.
  • freddo
    freddo

@Vidiot "... hard-core loyalists."

... of the right age. (i.e. early thirties for CO's - even less for new Bethelites)

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother
    I'm telling you guys, the Org wants to cull the R&F down to just hard-core loyalists.

whats R+F?
    What are all these exbethelites all around the world going to do? They have no money no qualifications and have been paying no tax or national insurance contributions.
    How will they cope kicked out into the street like garbage?
  • James Jack
    James Jack

RtF

Rank and File members of the WT org

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    What are all these exbethelites all around the world going to do? They have no money no qualifications and have been paying no tax or national insurance contributions.
    How will they cope kicked out into the street like garbage?

I'm sure most will be reduced to a state of poverty with virtually no help from the WT corporation, many will have their hopes dashed and will spread discontent through out JW world where ever they land eroding loyalty and shrinking contribution even further. A snowball effect gather momentum and size with a big crash at the end.

Add this to all the information available on the internet exposing them a frauds and showing where the money went on lawsuits and bad business practices. Many even there at Bethel will start to do more research to find out their possible fate as worry prompts them to look elsewhere for instead of to the Governing Body to find answers heating up things right there in the center of the spiritual paradise.

This situation is starting to look very dangerous as more and more are seeing the man behind the curtain so to speak and are finding things a little overwhelming because of the level out right fraud among the worshipped Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit