What to do?...

by DazedAndConfused 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I have no idea what to do. I have a brother who is duping so many in this room. I am not witty enough to prove he is wrong. I can only say that I know that someone in this board is playing everyone and getting away with it.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I for one wish people would be honest but I guess that isn't the case. Is he hurting anyone? Is he telling lies? Then I would rat him out if he were my brother and let him have hot coals poured on his head

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

This is a big problem with me sheila. I know that many people accept, on the surface what he says, but it is mostly lies from what I see. I am afraid that you, individually, are one that is duped.

Edited due to a mis-spelling.

Edited by - DazedAndConfused on 3 February 2003 18:9:47

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I'ts your moral obligation to tell us who it is.Proof or no proof.The truth will surface.If your a nice person and you seem like it, you could tell him to fess up or your going to tell.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Dazed unless you can really provide proof that is tanagable forget it. You said this is a brother (fleshly?), can't you talk to him one on one and help him see the errors of his ways? If it were you in his situation how would you want to be corrected? In private or on a public forum?

After you've talked to him privately, give him a timeline to stop of say a nanosecond, if he continues on then maybe all bets are off and it would be time to out him publicly. Of course assuming he's not causing physical, emotional, or financial harm to others and just being a jerk that's the way I would handle it, if he is actually causing major harm to people then be more agressive in your actions.

Too many of us take this place to be a serious place for us to heal and help others that someone would try to hoodwink us is reprehensible!

Katie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think that if you were going to do this - whatever it is - you would have done it.

Don't do it.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

DazedAndConfused,

If you know he is, and are willing to take the flak from your brother and people on this board, then do tell. You seem to be well liked, so hopefully there will be no flak from this board.

I think people should be warned about the players on this board. Such people are too immature to stop doing the harm that they are doing. People need to be warned. Then each one can at least decide for themselves.

If they don't know, they can be set up by the predator. If you truly know he is a player, and you are willing to expose him, then the safety of others should be your primary concern.

Richard

Edited by - Skeptic on 4 February 2003 11:55:27

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I'd say keep family squabbles between family & make it private!!! This may be "like" an on-line family, but if you have REAL family where issues need to be resolved, making it public here will not help anything, but cause a lot of pain & suffering, on both your parts.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Briong it on! Let's you and him fight! I'll hould yer coats!!!

Me thinks a gillnetter is amongst us!

caveman

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Please everyone on this board do not send money to anyone.

If they will give their address call their local charities and townships.

Find out where meals are each night as most towns or counties in the U.S.A. have some place the poor can eat dinner every night.

Call the homeless shelters as some have doughnuts and coffee each morning.

Some towns have programs where you can purchase food coupons for the poor or donate to local food pantries.

What happened for Tatiana on this board is awesome but most appearing in dire need on the net are not like Tatiana in honest need. Most appearing in dire need are cons.

A good con doesnt even ask for help. He relies on your human decency to step in when you see (or read) a fellow human is in need!

In Chicago it happens at the bus station regularly. A person starts freaking they lost their ticket to Colorado and crying their dear old decrepit auntie will be waiting and worrying about them.....you get the picture....there is always some good hearted people who get taken in on the scam.

Please everyone here always be good hearted but, be cautious too.

Thankz Dazed for bringing this out...I was about to write a long thread on it.

I am one who has been suckered enough to have learned from my mistakes and I can see the cons now. So maybe what I lost was really my tuition in How TO Not Get Scammed 101

Gotta Love Ya Gurlfriend,

Utopian_Raindrops

Edited by - Utopian_raindrops , because this advice still stands since there is more then one con on this board. thank-you.

Edited by - Utopian_raindrops on 5 February 2003 0:44:11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit