Even MORE Things Eating at MY Mind

by Francois 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Forgot to mention he was working for the government.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I respect your opinion but since you felt the need to share it then we have the right to disagree right? May I be the first to disagree with a few things?

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

What you fail to realize is that many of these organizations were founded when racism was still quite profound. For example, in 1944 the United Negro College Fund was founded. At that point in our (America's) history, such a program was needed. Just because it wasn't dissolved doesn't mean it's racist. It happens to be highly successful so why end it? As far as such things like Jet Magazine, so what? How often do you see Black women represented in Cosmo or Redbook? Almost never! So why can't Blacks and Whites celebrate Black culture and beauty in a couple magazines if in comparison there are 100 times more magazines that celebrate Anglo beauty and culture?

Oh and I just love how people like to throw in Jesse Jackson's name in as if he represents ALL Black people! I personally find him a self righteous hypocrite. So even if he didn't like a Caucasian College Fund, he DOESN'T SPEAK FOR ALL BLACKS! Most of us wouldn't care less.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off. When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics.

In that particular case it would not be profiling, but that's not always reality. For example, my father get pulled over at least twice a year and has his car searched. Why? Was he speeding or breaking any laws? Nope, he's big and Black and has an expensive car. He's only had one speeding ticket his whole life but has been pulled over more than most people. So don't act like profiling doesn't happen.

Also, it isn't just your color that gets you treated differently. A recent study was done at Stanford I believe where several near identical resume's were sent out to companies. The only difference were the names. Ethnic names like Ebony or Aisha or Pedro only got half as many responses as the Anglo name like Emily or Fred. So profiling does exist quite prevalently. Don't fool yourself.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building.

I will admit that I do agree with this one.

"I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And Please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me f*&%king fries!
    I think if a person gets their lips pierced they have the right to do as they please as long as it's sanitary. And if it's a politcal statement to them, so be it. It's really none of your business.

I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along with it. I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa, so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

Funny you say that because I read a survey recently that said that most BLACKS don't even prefer being called African-American so what is your point? Just because a few Blacks in politics like the term doesn't mean that all Blacks feel the same way. Let me reiterate that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan are only three people, they don't speak for all Blacks, okay? Got it?!

Oh and I know people that weren't born in Italy but call themselves, Italian-American, or Asian-American (another continent). By the way, who says you can't be proud of your ancestor's continent? Why does it have to be a country? I personally have pride in being a North American .

And if you don't like my point of view, tough shit!

I totally agree with some and totally disagree with some. I assumed you posted of all this for it's feedback value, so that's what you're getting, my feedback.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Why is it that when I ask someone from Canada or Mexico if they are American, they say, "No" - and I say, "I didn't mean the US, I was just asking if you were American" - and they say, "We're not American" - and I don't know why they say that, because America (North) includes different countries.

Are you proud to be an American, or a The United Statesian ?

It's sad that Canadians can't say "I like being American" - they deny that they even are American.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 3 February 2003 16:40:23

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Amen and AMEN!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It is from this line that we know this writer:

I know wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them.

Just another dumbass with too many opinions.

• ring
    ring

Great post Francois , enjoyed every part of it

• Jourles
    Jourles

Edited by - Jourles on 3 February 2003 16:55:4

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

*sigh*

I can't even begin to understand the Rush Limbaugh Sean Hannity Ted Nugent "God Guns & Glory" mindset. I just can't get there...

Edited by - dantheman on 3 February 2003 18:11:32

Edited by - dantheman on 3 February 2003 18:13:35

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

God Bless America!

Mike.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/mikeganas/batthymn.rm

Edited by - bendrr on 3 February 2003 18:53:58

Edited by - Simon on 4 February 2003 3:31:49

• TR
    TR

Great post, Francois.

Stinky,

So why can't Blacks and Whites celebrate Black culture and beauty in a couple magazines if in comparison there are 100 times more magazines that celebrate Anglo beauty and culture?

What magazines celebrate ONLY Anglo beauty?

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit