TV Documentary: Jacko wants everlasting life

by Gopher 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Gopher
    Gopher

The ITV documentary is airing in the UK tonight (Feb. 3rd), and will be re-broadcast in America on ABC Television Friday night February 7 as part of Barbara Walters' 20/20 program.

I wonder where he got this crazy idea of living forever??

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20030203/en_nm/people_jackson_dc_1

Jacko Unmasked in British Documentary

Mon Feb 3, 7:17 AM ET
    Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Paul Majendie

LONDON (Reuters) - Michael Jackson ( news ) is a "disturbing individual" with a love of multi-million-dollar shopping sprees and a desire to live forever, according to a journalist granted unrivalled access to the pop star.

Martin Bashir, who spent eight months making a documentary on the normally reclusive singer, said 44-year-old Jackson truly is the Peter Pan of pop who is obsessed by the idea of childhood being frozen in time.

Plastic surgery, child abuse allegations and his father's cruelty all feature in a warts-and-all British television documentary being aired in Britain Monday evening.

The ITV program is the result of the unprecedented access Jackson granted Bashir, famed for a historic interview with the late Princess Diana in which she confessed to being unfaithful to Prince Charles.

Bashir revealed snippets from it during the weekend in an article for the Sunday Times newspaper, while the television company -- which is expected to sell the show worldwide -- is guarding the secrets ahead of Monday's screening.

Jackson, said Bashir, thinks nothing of spending a fortune on shopping sprees and is surrounded by an entourage who would never dream of telling him that to dangle his baby from a hotel balcony is ludicrous and dangerous.

He went with Jackson on a shopping trip to Las Vegas in which the star spent $6 million without once glancing at any price tags.

"It was more like a multi-national corporation buying furniture for all its worldwide premises," Bashir said. "He is a disturbing individual whose financial power enables him to do what he wants."

The singer's Neverland ranch "is populated by more statues of Peter Pan than people. Jackson is obsessed by the notion of frozen childhood," he wrote.

He paints a portrait of a superstar cocooned from reality since childhood. "How many 12-year-olds receive royalty checks of $200,000?" Bashir asked.

Bashir arrived at Jackson's Berlin hotel last November just 30 minutes after he had dangled his youngest child from the balcony to show fans below.

"Not one of his entourage was prepared to tell him that what he had done was ludicrous and dangerous," Bashir said.

Jackson spoke openly of his childhood in the Jackson Five and told how his father would choreograph the brothers for shows.

"He practiced us with a belt in his hand," Jackson told Bashir. "I remember hearing my mother scream, 'Joe, you gonna kill him, you're gonna kill him."' Jackson was just 7 years old at the time.

But Jackson was far more reticent when Bashir raised the issue of plastic surgery, asking about rumors that he had implants in his cheeks, a dimple put in his chin, his lips altered and his nose re-constructed.

Each time, Jackson's response was the same: "Oh, please ..." Then he exclaimed: "It's stupid."

Jackson was accused in 1993 by one of his young friends of sexual abuse, although no charges were ever brought.

In May the following year he married Lisa Marie Presley ( news ), in what was widely interpreted as an attempt to rebuild his image but the union collapsed 19 months later.

Bashir asks Jackson about the allegations and writes: "Our relationship almost collapsed at this point."

"He hangs all his being on the fact that ... he has never been found guilty of any form of child abuse."

Jackson also revealed to Bashir that he was thinking of re-releasing "Thriller," his most successful album, and even re-shooting the famous video for the title song.

The reporter was full of admiration for Jackson's musical genius but kept being brought up short by the superstar's surreal outlook on life.

Jackson even confessed that he did not want to be buried, telling Bashir: "I would like to live forever." (Reporting by Paul Majendie, editing by Steve Addison; Reuters Messaging [email protected]. London newsroom 44 0207 542 7924)

• out4good3
    out4good3

There is an "understanding" among Jehovah's people that their once shining star, Michael Jackson, is now disfellowshipped. In fact, I got into a very heated argument with some of my JW relatives a few months ago where they insisted he was disfellowshipped, where I challenged them to come up with written proof and not their wishful speculation that he was. As far as I knew, at one time he shoce to simply not be associated with the Organization anymore.

MY question: IS he or os he not Disfellowshipped? Just what is his affiliate status with regard to the borg?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, if he remakes "Thriller," he won't have to wear any makeup this time.

Nina

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Micheal Jacksons Monkey wants to live forever?

MY question: IS he or os he not Disfellowshipped? Just what is his affiliate status with regard to the borg?

It is my understanding that he dissasociated himself due to ireconcilable differences. His father didn't like the JW faith imposing on his music videos and content. What was HOT was NOTHOT in JW land . He was never accused of apostacy when I was still hearing the "gossip" about him.

Don't know if he was actually defepted. Never heard that.

• meadow77
    meadow77

I am sorry, I can't remember where I read this, but I heard that at one point when MJ was still a JW, he was told that he would have to shun his sister Latoya. At this time they were on good terms. He reportedly asked Marlen Brando for advice at which time Marlen told him he could always get another religion, but that Latoya was always gonna be his sister. I believe the story was that he chose to ignore the directive to shun his sister.

• frogit
    frogit

just watched this program I'm disturb by it, and confused, what do you think?

frogit

• Matty
    Matty

Jesus H Christ! I've just seen the show too frogit, and I don't think Mr Bashir will be welcomed back at Neverland again. I thought the programme was going to be all sycophantic garbage, but it certainly wasn't!

That was weeeeeird!

Edited by - matty on 3 February 2003 17:58:6

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In the story above, this struck me:

Each time, Jackson's response was the same: "Oh, please ..." Then he exclaimed: "It's stupid."

The Willaims sisters have a similar canned response, except they say. "That's silly."

I think it is great that JW celebrities are so articulate.

• frogit
    frogit

I have no doubt that has talent but......., I agree with you Matty this is weeeeeird!

He has only had two Plastic ops on his nose to help him sing, so he says!!!!

His children wearing masks in public, and one is blond and very light skinned strange, one child says I have no mummy. But they have lots of women around with them. Did he say he donated his sperm to the mothers of his kids?

I liked the bit when Tatum ONeal invited him over for sex, and he lay on the bed with his eyes covered, she gave up.

Wow what a strange man.

frogit

• Matty
    Matty

I did notice that Prince seems to have dark roots to his blond hair though...

His second son BLANKET!!! What a stupid name! The way that poor baby was crying as Jackson was bottle feeding him, jogging him furiously with his leg - trying desperately to show what a "good father" he was. That poor kid!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit