Not DF'd but shunned anyway :-(

by Sirona 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    have been shunned while actively attending meetings and not being marked, DA'd or DF'd.

Been there too, I had the audacity to have a problem with my abusive in laws, I mean how dare I say anything to the "upstanding witnesses" just because my kids had bruises and my son had begun to have a tick in his eyes from nerves. I tell you the shunning did me a world of good

I just see it as a sign of their lack of love, Thunder Rider sees witness around here all the time in his work. They will run or look the other way. It is so telling of the organization.

<of the never good at shunning class>

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Email
    Definitelly not... that's just more evidence about the REAL reasons for shunning... it's not "love" or because it's "biblical"... it's all about CONTROL and that proves again that they are a cult.

You are so right. Thanks for the support.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Icansaylucky - Socially challenged is definately right!! I remember being like that myself! Well done on not letting them get you down.

SheilaM - it just goes to show that there are a lot of us out there. We are not DF but we are still shunned. Its hideous.

Sirona

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I think being a Witness makes you Socially Challanged and they honestly don't know how to act.

Bingo !! I don't remember seeing any posts on this subject. I was "socially challanged" and probably still am to some extent. Hopefully someone will submit a post on this, Lady Lee, comes to mind, and help those of us in this situation.

• cornish
    cornish

When you dont go to the meetings any more the gossip will abound,all sorts of theoeries will abound about your proported missadventures and you will be judged in your absense by all those wagging tongues.

Although they may not speak to you to your face their is a good chance that they will talk about you behind your back.

• obiwan
    obiwan

What a loving and caring organisation, oh to be a part of it.

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((Sirona)))

It hard, but dont let them get to you, if they want to be like that its their loss

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

I'm not DA of DF, but one thing that made my blood boil was this.

After being reproved privately, I went out in FS with a group.

Trying to be nice to everyone, I bought bagels and coffee for everyone in the car group. (I bought a round - hahaha)

Not to be over sensitive or anything like that, but one of the pioneers in the group wouldn't accept anything from me.

It was as if, if we're out in FS together - that is fine, but now we're on break and NOW WE'RE SOCIALIZING, so I was bad association then.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks all.

confuz - thats unbelievable! They are so hypocritical.

Oh and here is an update - the two women involved have been confronted by my JW friend and guess what....

they denied it

"Oh, we didn't see her, honest!"

then

"I saw her and nodded, then I mentioned it to ***** who said she hadn't seen her"

This last comment is not true - she didn't nod but she did look at me. Now they're squirming because their shunning has been revealed and questioned by someone.

My Jw friend tried to say that they hadn't seen me and that they were sorry, but I just said that they DID see me because they had to walk around me to get past....and now they're just ashamed of themselves.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit