Not DF'd but shunned anyway :-(

by Sirona 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• shera
    shera

Thats one thing I do,I always look like I'm happy.I never shy away from them in any way.When I see them in stores I make sure to stick around them for a few seconds and go in the same line as them ,when I pay for groceries.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Also, whenever you see a JW make sure that you are as happy as a pig in $h!t. Nothing makes them more annoyed than to see a former JW being happy, enjoying life and completely free of the obligations and burdens that they still carry around being loyal JWs. What they want, is for you to become the exJW Poster Child: the pathetic picture of utter misery, self-inflicted pain and self-destructive behaviour... something for them to cackle about behind your back. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Scully. You hit the nail on the head big time. It's kida like " heaping fiery coals upon their heads " ....or something like that !

• Sirona
    Sirona

Blondie - thanks for the insight. Yes, perhaps they are embarressed. I don't know. The very last meeting I attended (the memorial a couple of years ago) they all said they'd missed me, etc. but I just knew that was only words. If they really missed me they'd make an effort.

Sirona

• TR
    TR

Geez Sirona, you must totally exude demonic presence! Either that or 'hovah knows wassup and made those "sisters" avoid you.

Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me how people are willing to adopt a wholly man-made org as their belief system and treat people how they're told.

I once turned my nose up at a sister I crossed paths with at the mall. A short time later, she died alone, with no one in the hall knowing about her extreme sickness and pain then death from breast cancer. I didn't learn of her death until after I was out.

TR

• Sirona
    Sirona
    I once turned my nose up at a sister I crossed paths with at the mall. A short time later, she died alone, with no one in the hall knowing about her extreme sickness and pain then death from breast cancer. I didn't learn of her death until after I was out.

TR - thats awful. You are right, it's terrible to see people following an organisation which hurts people so much.

Demonic presence - LOL yeah you better believe it LOL (I have to hide the 666 tattoo with my hair)

Sirona

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Sirona, I'm sorry that happened to you! Even though you are over the JW experience, it still hurts, like a stick poked at an old wound, when it's thrown up in your face like that.

Lots of hugs,

Nina

• email
    email

Hi Sirona,

My situation is EXACTLY like yours... sill not DF'ed or DAd... but already everyone shuns me... even close relatives that used to come by the house frequently don't even call or come by.

I agree with you

Do they think this would make me want to return?

Definitelly not... that's just more evidence about the REAL reasons for shunning... it's not "love" or because it's "biblical"... it's all about CONTROL and that proves again that they are a cult.

Hang in there... I understand what you're going through.

Edited by - email on 3 February 2003 10:44:59

• blondie
    blondie
    The very last meeting I attended (the memorial a couple of years ago) they all said they'd missed me, etc. but I just knew that was only words. If they really missed me they'd make an effort.

Sirona, yes, I've had that sop thrown at me. I just follow up with why haven't you called. My number is in the book. Here let me write it down. I call their bluff which as you surmise is all it is. Friendship if you call it that at the KH is conditional on your being at the meetings. You certainly find out who your true friends are.

Self-sacrifice is the mark of a true friend. Hey, if they can't find 5 minutes for a phone call, what can they sacrifice?

Blondie(moving into the final test zone with my "friends" as a completely fade away.)

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

That is so rude!!! If you are going by what the bible says, the bible says to treat "them" as a man of the world. Wouldn't a normal person say thank you to a "man of the world" if he/she held the door for you? Such crap.

I am disfellowshipped and have my niece staying with me who was raised a JW but never was baptized and does not go to meetings. She in fact is quite disillusioned with it (especially now that she has been staying with me). She is 26 years old. My JW brother wanted to have her stay at his house overnight for a visit and I had to meet him at a local mall to bring her to him. When we met him he gave her a hug and wouldn't even look at me, left me standing there like an idiot (not me him) lol. Finally we had to walk to my car to get her stuff, as we walked in stone silence, I guess it got to be too much for him, so he came up with a profound statement that went something like this. "Have you been dying your hair". I guess "hows the weather" was too obvious. I think being a Witness makes you Socially Challanged and they honestly don't know how to act. Plus they have to give you the proper punishment. Only to me it works just the opposite, he looked and sounded ridiculous. It turns out he made her leave because she said she didn't want to attend the meetings while she stayed at his house.

Edited by - icansaylucky on 3 February 2003 20:36:49

• nelly1
    nelly1

hahhahhaaa archangel you are soooooo funny that is clever, you had me in fits reading that, thanks for cheering me up

huggs

love nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit