What REALLY Happens During A Judicial Meeting

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Minimus,

What happened? No questions???? Instead you've given us a moving account of a JC in progress, albeit rather short. Still it was a moving account, perhaps because it brought back to mind those nightmare occasions. I use the expression "nightmare" advisedly. It truly was, and presumably still is, an absolute nightmare existence, being a Dub.

The more Bible reading I do, the more I appreciate that there's NOTHING Bible-based about the WTS judicial procedures, whether it be the initial JC or, as outbackaussie reminds us, the reinstatement process.

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a nightmare!

Ozzie

• minimus
    minimus

How can anyone believe that the present day judicial process is Bible-based? What scripture could be used to show that all the rules and regulations are directly from God? The modern day Pharisees put this "load" into action.

• cbew
    cbew

As a former elder who sat on the other side of Judicial Committee meetings I am truly ashamed of what I took part in. Often times in these judgements there is no real justice or mercy being served. I remember one case I was on where the decision to disfellowship had already been made by the PO who also sat in on the case. Before we met with this unfortunate brother the PO gave his whole biased opinion on the particular case and implied strongly that for the sake of keeping the congregation "clean" we had to disfellowship despite anything the brother may say in his defense. We had decided the case even before we met with the brother. To this day I am ashamed that I went along with that decision as I learned later of the personal grudge this PO harboured toward this brother. As I later learned in other cases I sat in on, this abuse of authority was often the norm rather than the exception as a large percentage of judgments were often influence by personal biases and feelings of the elders. Abuses in authority and power often happen in these judicial hearings and this is one of the factors that led me to resign and eventually leave the organization.

• minimus
    minimus

cbew, I, too have had CO's and DO's tell me and other elders what was expected before even meeting with the person! When, at times, the elders followed THEIR consciences and not simply the rules, the Society's disapproval became clearly evident. Over the last 10 plus years, the Society had "tightened up" and become a lot more rigid in not showing too much mercy....Pity they couldn't copy Jesus.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I, too have had CO's and DO's tell me and other elders what was expected before even meeting with the person!
    Not only the CO's and DO's! Here in Oz we've even had Service Department SEND BACK to the JC a decision with the instruction "That's not the result we wanted." In those words too!

• Gopher
    Gopher

cbew,

Were you the dissenting voice on MY committee? All the details about prejudice sound very familiar.

The WTS has its own version of John 13:35, and it is this: "By this all will know you are my disciples, by the RULES and DISCIPLINE you have among yourselves. Forget love, that's for namby-pambies."

• justhuman
    justhuman

A close friend of mine he has gone trought a judical hearing. He was BRAVE enough to confess he's SIN to them before they find anything.

For 3 hours he has to answer questions like the following;

1.HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN?

2.WAS IT NORMAL SEX? HERE DID YOU TOUCH HER?

3.WERE WAS THE PLACE THAT YOU HAVE DONE IT?

4.WHAT HAPPENED AND YOU HAD A RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT WOMAN

5.DID YOU LIKE IT?

6.HOW IT STARTED?

7.ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT AGAIN?

Imagine how humilating is for a woman to be asked a questions like that from 3 men.

But can you imagine Jesus asking such questions to the hartlot before He said to her "go and sin no more"

• minimus
    minimus

JUSTHUMAN, Imagine answering all the questions in the way that the judges, I mean elders, expect, except, question # 5 Did You Like IT? I could see a person explain in detail why they LOVED it. Alot of bathroom breaks for those three men!

• heyfea
    heyfea

Outbackaussie, Justhuman and Mary

I agree with all of you. Mary, I always tought the same thing, these elders MUST get off after these committees. I have been in two committees, one when I was 17and another time with my husband. I was VERY naive. Not only myself, but my parents as well. Sometimes I think I'm more upset at my parents than at the elders. Yes, they were sons of b's , but my parents, my parents could have said to them 'wait the heck there!!!', 'why you're asking all these pervert questions to my daughter?!!!', but NOOOOO. They just stood there, like a pair of idiots.......I am SO pissed at them. The second time, I was the BIG IDIOT, allowing these ass h's.to ask MY husband the same pervert questions. The poor man was humiliated in front of me, and I'm not saying that I'm happy about his adventures, but if I had the slighest comprehension, realization of what was REALLY going to happen at that committee, all the "LOVE" that was going to be displayed, I would have told my husband, just keep your sin between us and God, and like JustHuman said, I would have said to him Jesus words,"go and sin no more".

• minimus
    minimus

heyfea, if you didn't report it, you would have stopped the free flow of Jehovah's holy spirit in the congregation. Then you'd be wracked with guilt. The cycle never ends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit