Reaching 40, whats all that about!

by Brummie 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The only bad thing about 40 is those little aches and pains stick around longer, especially first thing in the morning. The good thing is I'm beginning to get it. Life that is. For most of my life, I just didn't get it. I think finally I'm starting to figure out what I'm about and what I'm here for.

Now, if there is a way for me to have that mental attitude and my 30 inch waist when I was 21 I would be a very happy camper.

typhoo tea

• ring
    ring

If life begins at 40.........what the heck have i been doing up till now????

i feel 40.....does that count?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    The only bad thing about 40 is those little aches and pains stick around longer, especially first thing in the morning

OMG I thought that was something to do with my mattress NOT my age! Serious I was blaming the mattress! Oh geesh!

typhoo tea

That is such a pleasant sight to behold!

edited to add

Lol @ ring, I feel 18, does that count?

Edited by - brummie on 6 February 2003 18:52:49

• think41self
    think41self

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed reading all of your comments. At first, I wasn't going to post to this thread, because I turned 40 in October, and I have to tell you, this has been a tough one for me.

None of my other birthdays have meant a thing to me...of course I was a dub until 36, so birthdays didn't really matter, right? I never worried about growing older, because it just wasn't going to happen to ME!

Normally, I am a very cheerful and optimistic person. Just recently though, I have been thinking about the reality of growing older, losing loved ones in death, and then leaving others behind myself. Now don't get me wrong, I haven't gone into a full blown depression over it or anything, but these thoughts pop into my head at the oddest times.

Maybe it's because so many things changed in my life in a short period of time. Add to that, my oldest son Dominic told us recently he's getting married. He isn't quite 18 yet. Then he dropped on me that he's enlisting in the army. While these are things I'm happy and proud about, they are still big adjustments for a Mom.

I guess it's just the changes I'm having to adjust to. I think a trip to Vegas is just what the doctor ordered! Yeah, staying up all night playing the slots, drinking toasted almonds...then hopping in the hot tub for some naked wrestling with hubby......yeah, that's the ticket!!!!! Ok, nevermind, I just talked myself out of worrying about it.

Tracy

Edited by - think41self on 6 February 2003 23:9:47

• Brumm
    Brumm
    Normally, I am a very cheerful and optimistic person. Just recently though, I have been thinking about the reality of growing older, losing loved ones in death, and then leaving others behind myself. Now don't get me wrong, I haven't gone into a full blown depression over it or anything, but these thoughts pop into my head at the oddest times.

Tracy, I can definately relate to that, it must be something we all go through as we head for the 40 mark, especially the thought of losing loved ones.

I think it becomes more frequent when we begin to deal with other changes, they all come at once and one thing seems to trigger off the other.

Yeah, staying up all night playing the slots, drinking toasted almonds...then hopping in the hot tub for some naked wrestling with hubby......yeah, that's the ticket!!!!! Ok, nevermind, I just talked myself out of worrying about it.

Now THAT sounds like a good tonic! no, an EXCELLENT tonic.

Happy very belated 40th

Thanks for sharing

Brummie

• Mac
    Mac

Not had a birthday bother me to date....but i think the big 130 is gonna feel a little weird!

mac, of the ever optimistic class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit