Reaching 40, whats all that about!

by Brummie 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hello Brummie. Yeah the big 40.

In my case, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

25 was tough for me. That's when I figured out I was for sure no longer a teenager, and I recall, still being in the org. that a lot of the youger ones in the cong. subconciously or consciously treating me like an " older person " LOL.

40 was actually the best birthday ever for me. My wife and I had been out for a few years, and she arranged a surprise birthday party for me, with friends we have acquired sine we left. And now that I have a much better outlook on life, the successive years, are a lot more enjoyable than the previous.

Cheers !

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Happy Birthday in advance, Brummie! Your 40's will be a wonderful time for you. I'm 47 and when I turned 40 it was really no big deal (I think 30 is a big deal for a woman, and 40 for a man), I just thought, "good -- I am completely grown up and can tell anyone I want to go to hell if they try to give me advice I don't want." And that's the truth! YOU are the grownup now, but you don't have to act like one. I still feel either 25 or 14, depending on what's going on, and my 9-year-old paid me the supreme compliment the other night when we were talking about boys: "Mom, you sound like a teenager." I told her it was because I could still remember what it felt like to be one, and I hope I don't lose that.

Do something fun for yourself, Brummie! Celebrate all year!

Nina

• Shakita
    Shakita

Brummie:

"At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgement. "
    - Benjamin Franklin

I like this quote. I will be forty five this year and have never been better. There is something to be said about "being 18, with 22 years experience."

Forty will be great for you, throw yourself a party, and enjoy it all.......life is so short and fragile.

Mrs. Shakita (Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm 23, and have no desire to turn 40, ever. I do believe, that if I apply myself, I will remain 23 forever. No, really!

Seriously, I will consider my life a success if I don't ever have kids, and instead of paying for my kid's college at 40, I will be traveling the world with my wife. Now, that would be cool.

ash

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I turned 40 April last year,so Im nearly 41,my Im clever working that out,and I always vowed to grow old as noisely and as disgracefully that I could get away with.

Some of the benefits I have found is,

1.The older you get,the biggar and more complicated toys you can have.

2.A discussion with someone own age or older about different aches and pains,is actually interesting.

3.bits dont drop off like people told they would.

4.I still feel like an 18 year old.

Cheers,

Rich.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    25 was tough for me.

Lol @ xjw_b12 ! That is SoOo young

Happy Birthday in advance, Brummie

Thanks Cruz, I'm kinda glad I posted this thread now as 40 doesnt seem half as bad.

Shakita THANKS for the BF quote, sums it up nicely.

Ash, I was 23 once...honestly I was, gosh to be back there with what I know now.

.bits dont drop off like people told they would.

roflao @ TGB! THAT is sooo comforting to know!

Cant believe I forgot this thread! Thanks to all who responded, Its been inspirational.

40 here I come huh.

Brummie

• Robdar
    Robdar

Brummie,

I still feel as if I am 18 also. However, these fine lines on my face reveal the truth for all to see. LOL

I liked my 40th birthday. For me, 40 wasn't as hard as turning 25. For some reason, 25 was a big deal in my mind.

It's funny, when we are young, we think that there is nothing as awful as growing old. Now that I am older, I can see what a crock of crap that thinking was.

But enough about me.....I hope you have a marvelous 40th birthday with all of your kittens around you showing their love and support. May your cat nip be tasty and may you get a kitty treat or two for the big day. BTW, how old is 40 in cat years?

Love you, Brummie.

Robyn

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hey Robyn

I hope you have a marvelous 40th birthday with all of your kittens around you showing their love and support. May your cat nip be tasty and may you get a kitty treat or two for the big day

I am soOo looking forward to that (though I still think "cat nip" sounds painful).

BTW, how old is 40 in cat years?

Approximately18 years old.

mwa mwa

Brummie

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I didnt mind turning 30 it didnt bother me, but my last birthday , 36 did. I am not sure if it is because coming out of the borg , I am starting to see that I will indeed get old, wrinkled and die like everyone eles....,,,,,,, But now I am coming to terms with that too, and plan to grow old gracefully...lol.

I always said that my 40's will be the best years of my life, it was always my goal if this system lasted,,,,,,, I guess it is!!!!!!!!! By that age, my youngest will be older and I can go back to school, I will have more time with my husband, do somemore traveling.

I am also going thru my teenage years , since I missed out on so much. I can tell you I am really having a blast,,,,,,, and I can tell you one good thing about it,,,, I can relate to my 16 yr old son on alot of the things he feels, especially trying to figure out to do with the rest of your life, making future plans. Just the wanting to experience all that I can in this life,,,,,,,, really we should live like every day is our last. So tonite the hubby and I are going out to dance and play some pool , and have some fun. Being a JW, in my 20's made me feel like a homebound old woman. I am so much happier now.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Very Inspirational LyinEyes!

By that age, my youngest will be older and I can go back to school, I will have more time with my husband, do somemore traveling.

See life does begin again at 40!

I am also going thru my teenage years

Thats exactly how I felt when I first left, it was like someone took the pause button off.

Thanks for sharing.

Say Hi to WTurkey, havent seen him here for a while

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit