Reflecting on my Disfellowshipping

by kairos 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Congratulations on your one-year anniversary of being disfellowshipped from the JW religion.

I feel sad for those who go back and get reinstated because they miss family and/or are financially dependent. They have to play the religion's game. How depressing!

What you said about being free from the fake friendships there is certainly true. I'm a long-time "fader" and that's the best thing about being out.

I never realized how stressful it was to be around these people until I was away from it all.

• zeb
    zeb

My heartfelt congrats to you and Mrs Kairos. You will now have time to spoil her more than you ever could before.

love peace hugs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for reviving this thread Kairos.

Your account helps show others that there is indeed life beyond the cult like society we once thought was the truth. There may be rocky times, but in order to be honest and sincere truth seekers, we must step away from the society once we learn of the many, many disturbing aspects of its history and teachings and practices.

We can all maintain our dignity and self respect as we forge a new life.

Well done!

• Chook
    Chook

2 month ago I had maybe seven good friends from JWs , today stands at 0.5. Can you see the trajectory trend . My " worldly" friends remain the same . I rejected my worldly associations 27 years ago, yet these friends take me back with no conditions. Yet all my JW friends who I would trust my life with have rejected me due to differing religious opinion. They call me an apostate, even when I quote their own literature. I know it's the same old story for most of us here , I just didn't realise how blind or narrow minded they are. I should have when we offered people our JW literature yet refused their books .Its a lonely road being a whistle blower.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

every day that passes should be a celebration in leaving this evil cult, I like was baptised in the late 1980's although I was a born in I had a "walkabout" phase and began to think they may have the answers, I really never paid any attention to their doctrines and how flawed they were, I was more absorbed by the love bombing and social scene, I also married a jw that ended in divorce by 1995, I was done with them and my last meeting was in 1993, thankfully not too many years wasted but the mental scars still remain. Its great to read testimonies like this and wonderful you both left together

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit