Answering JW Conversation Stoppers

by Vanderhoven7 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So, it doesn’t matter what you personally believe; preach what the people expect from you, preach what the society asks.

My answer to that would have been: 2 Timothy 4: 3-4, "For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths."

• Ding
    Ding

"For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths."

That's exactly what JWs think all of Christendom is doing, but, of course, not Jehovah's theocratic organization.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

jhine

""Thanks Beth , l had heard of Steve Hassan but not B.I.T.E. .

Jan ""

You're welcome.

Steven Hassan hits all those elements to a ''T''.

IN fact JWdom is the 'posture child' as people have often referenced. When you sit through a convention these days,,the propaganda us ''upped'',,the ante is upped. With videos, music and such.

Tear - jerking videos and what's playing in the background? Emotional music. And videos depicting this ''siege mentality''. People ducking in their bunkers as armed-forces come barging in.

Resurrection videos with emotional music and such.

B. I. T. E. model, all those elements.

Steve Hassen has written 3 books about this as of 2012 which I'm aware of. Maybe he's written more by now.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Vahderhoven7 sorry if this thread went in wrong direction. I'd just thought I'd throw it out there on how Jw's are controlled using the B. I. T. E. model.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If 'growth(tm)' is a proof that Jehovah(tm) is blessing you, doesn't that mean that Allah(tm) is blessing Islam(tm) even more?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

JW's expect people at the doors to challenge everything they have ever learned and believe in, based on a discussion at the door using jw literature. They expect people to turn their backs on everything they hold dear.

Yet, they are not willing to answer the most reasonable and justified questions about their own faith, and will shun you for doubting.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Yet, they are not willing to answer the most reasonable and justified questions about their own faith, and will shun you for if you doubt,''

Because sometimes JW's get proven wrong using their own literature and bible. They get shut - down and provide no rebuttal. That's when they go away and dont't come back,,,when they have their beliefs questioned.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

All is good Beth.

• careful
    careful

Ding, you know what they'd say to

"I don't understand why you call your religion 'the truth' when so many of their key teachings have changed just within our lifetime."

... progressive revelation and "that's just the light getting brighter" as time passes.

A better one might be: "So are the members of the GB perfect?"

They: "Of course not. All humans are imperfect."

Better: "Then please give me some examples of their imperfections."

They, sputtering and blushing: "Oh, I've got to go now!"

Guaranteed conversation stopper!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit