Not posted for a year because mum died did not want blood.

by Witness 007 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sadly thousands have died from this wrongly devised no blood doctrine including my mother since 1940's.

Why would a loving and just god(Jehovah) want to see his faithful followers die and their loved ones suffer as well ?

The leaders of the WTS made many wrong decisions and proclaimed doctrines over their time in power but that's the game of power they created for themselves, the consequences are to those who believed them.

Novice bible theologians playing in the position of power by self assumed god's holy spirit causes a folly of harm for humanity.

• startingover
    startingover
    I totally understand. My JW mother did the same exact thing.
  • Whynot
    Whynot

I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you. My grandma died of the same. She had leukemia about 1 year after getting baptized. It's something that is hard to talk about especially when your entire fam is in the WT.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm sorry for your loss 007....such a waste ! My own father (67) and my wife's father (48)could have been saved with a blood transfusion but they died in literal agony in a modern hospitals that were equipped with all the means that modern medicine had available to save them. These two events forever changed the trajectory of our family but casually, without an apology to anyone, a short time later the good folks at Watchtower OK'd the use of blood fragments which would have saved them.

I am mostly sympathetic toward JW's and their blindness but when it comes to the blood issue, it's difficult not to be bitter. I understand your feelings of grief and frustration on this matter.

• jambon1
    jambon1

This’ll not mean much from a stranger but I’m genuinely sorry for your needless loss.

Theres never really a day goes by where I don’t hear of something that’s JW related which causes needless pain. Yes, needless. So many issues from small to big.

Wishing you well.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

What a waste.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

the GB are murderers.

• TD
    TD

So very sorry for your loss. I know that's not much coming from strangers, but here, we all understand the added sorrow of how pointless this was.....

• humbled
    humbled

Witness007, It is hard to remember how l would fill out that blood card—Our supposed badge of honor. Once l left and became very ill l was relieved to know l had no restraint on finding therapies to keep living.

As others said, your mom was strong in her faith and that secondhand comfort is cold comfort for you-but l hope it was something of a comfort for her.

l wish you well now. And l hope you let what peace can come to you , let it.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I'm sorry for your loss, Witness. You were there to love and comfort your mom, let that be what you remember in this sad event. xo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit