If You Never Were A JW, Would You Believe In God?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So many here do not believe in God, now. Some are not sure He exists. If you never had been a Jehovah's Witness, do you think that you might still believe in a Creator, in God?

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Minimus,

Is this a trick question????

How are we supposed to know if we WHERE raised as a witness??????????????

LOL; I'm confused. I was raised a witness and have NO idea, my whole life would be different I'm sure.

Edited by - Sloan on 31 January 2003 0:16:27

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Good question.

I remember before I was JW, I did go to church etc., but was not impressed with it to say the least.

Joining the JWs; I was intrigued by them, but I still had nagging questions. I think, I would probably be similar to the way I am now.

• manon
    manon

Probably yes

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I believe there is a creator. I do not believe in the God of the bible. I have always felt the God of the bible is simply evil. I feel i would be the same JW or not.

Edited by - Scarlet on 31 January 2003 0:26:10

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I would probably believe in some kind of god, but I would not be christian. which is how I believe after being raised as a JW anyway...so not much diff, except maybe a lot sooner.

Ravyn

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

Before I was a JW I believed in god, now, I just don't know, I don't even like to think about things like that anymore...

DUO

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yep.

When I was 3 (maybe 4) years old, I prayed to God to make my daddy stop hurting me. Naturally it didn't stop, but I still believed. I think probably because I've always looked at God as the penultimate father figure. My father was a sad, pathetic little man and so I've probably simply transferred my hopes and expectations on to God as a replacement for him.

Am I being foolish? Probably. Sometimes I feel like Don Quixote, chasing after something I'll never catch, never find. But hope springs eternal, after all God says he loves the foolish things of the world. If that's true, he must adore me.

Edited by - big tex on 31 January 2003 1:5:8

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Without any help from anyone, I believed in a Creator since childhood.

Guest 77

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Yes... and I was never a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit