If You Never Were A JW, Would You Believe In God?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• scumrat
    scumrat

No, I never really believed in god. Sometimes I would take the church collection money and buy candy. Never got caught. So I guess there is a god.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

how could i ever know? i would like to think so. maybe i was destined to believe in God.

• greven
    greven

No. I am way to curious to hear every side of the matter. After being JW I followed the debates on multiple boards and places. Atheists had the best case. My own research boiled down to the same conclusion. If I didn't grow up as a JW I think I would never have started to believe in a God. You have to bend your mind in such a strange way to do that. Going against logic and reason.

Greven.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Probably not.

I don't feel like I need God in my life to be complete. I"m not one of those who says my life is complete but somethings missing...Oh yea I need God in my life. Not me.

Diamond

• minimus
    minimus

So far, it seems that not believing in God is NOT due to having been a Witness.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Hi Minimus. I'm one of the resident "worldly folks" (non-practicing Catholic). Interesting question you ask.

When I was younger I did believe in "God" only because through going to CCD and Church - it was stated there was a being called God. As I grew older, I began to have mixed emotions of whether or not God existed. I do not feel "empty inside" because of my unsureness. My husband (also a non-practicing Catholic) and I have had many conversations regarding the existance of God - he believes in God and also wants to very much believe that when we die, we will all be reunited one day in a nicer place.

We all were created somehow, how and by who or what, I am unsure.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I had problems with a christian god at about age 10-12. The logic of it did not fit and I thought of it as more of a fairy tale. However, the pressure to fit in forced me to go along with everyone and eventually I convinced myself it was true. If I hadn't been raised a JW I would most likely be atheist or Buddhist. Funny thing is, I'm headed in that direction anyway.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

yes I believed in God before I became a witness and still believe in God now that I am not one.

• Shakita
    Shakita

I believe in a higher power who created the beginning of the beginning. Then left.

I do not believe, however, in a father-type figure who is compassionate and proactive. What kind of father would leave his children to flounder around killing themselves off.

Mrs. Shakita

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

I believe that there is a "God". I believe he is indifferent.

I also believe Darwin had a point regarding who survives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit