Friends you met through this board

by Introspection 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Introspection
    Introspection

Just wondering how many have either met or atleast talk with people from this board on the phone and such. How did you connect? Was it just a post that really spoke to you or what?

• sf
    sf

I have many phone contacts from the exjw community; here and there on the superhighway. Many of them are solid relationships. Some have 'faded away'.

I also possess a few jw ones too, yet they don't know I have their number.

bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sKally

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have many people on this board that I need to call more often, but I do talk to XenaW on the phone , we email each other, yahoo messenger and I need to write her more often ... sorry I am being such a slouch in writing people back.

I have spoken with Eyegirl on the phone, but mostly we miss each other, one of us are using out on the town when the other calls. I really need to call her sister Scootergirl, and it is something I want to do more of,,,,,, calling my friends on the phone. That is when my son isnt hogging the cell phone. I have a great nite and weekend plan of unlimited call anywhere starting at 8 central.

I have called Valis, while at the club because there was a song on I wanted him to hear,,,,,,,"Play that funky music white boy".... hehe, I don't think he could hear me very well.

I talk to Jesika on the phone too, she is such a sweetheart too.

I have talked to Joy2BFree also, sweet lady, very wise.

I want to call Cruzenheart one of these days, I had her number but I think I erased it accidently off my email.

Anyone eles wants to chat on the phone ,,,,,,,,,, email me your number.

Hey Eyegirl I need your number again........ darn I am so disorganized.

Windchaser , email me your number and I will call you , let me know a good time to call ya.

There are so many that I will get to met in Dallas and I will make sure I have my address and telephone number book with me.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I've had the pleasure to talk with and/or meet joy2bfree, jst2laws, Jesika, animal, Robdar, DakotaRed, AmazingProgeny, LostDiamond, Mystla, songmistress, Carmel, seven006, newboy, AlanF, Farkel, and (of course) bikerchic Some I knew before this forum, some through the forum, some through MeetUp. This summer Katie and I will get to meet searcher, we'll have at least a local get-together then, plans are afoot for an OregonFest, and also I think for another WashingtonFest. With any luck we'll get to meet at least another 30 friends by year's end.

So much for being all alone out in the cold and friendless "world" after leaving the org! LOL

Craig

Edited by - onacruse on 30 January 2003 19:13:19

• Princess
    Princess

Definitely a Washington Fest Onacruse. Plan for August. Also, Katie promised to ride the Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic in July. I need to email her about it!

I met many from this site at our 'fest last August. Hope to meet more this year.

Rachel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve had the pleasure of meeting hillary_step..A man who is a good,decent,careing soul.Both his word and heart are solid gold...OUTLAW

• onacruse
    onacruse

Outlaw:

hillary_step..A man who is a good,decent,careing soul. Both his word and heart are solid gold.

You make tears come to my eyes.

Craig

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Wendy-mommy is a wonderfully hospitable hostess. Her better half is a really cool guy, and the new addition is a cute little guy.

Neablis is exactly what you least expect.......hilarious and a great beer drinker. Oh, wait.

Cygnus is a cool guy, really down to earth, funny, too.

PLC is rocking for a good time...hilarious.

But, as all of these people now live at least 12 hours away from me, could someone please move to Jersey so we can party?

ash

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've gotten reacquainted with Jesika and Lin. I knew them back when we were all in the same congregation 15 years ago, and I am absolutely delighted to get to know them again. At the apostafest back in October, I met and got to talk with Six of Nine, Megadude and Shutterbug. We've had some folks over to our house (that was fun). We've had lunch with some who post here and some who just lurk. So far, every experience has been wonderful. I don't know if it's becase we all have a shared experience or not. I think for the most part, people are pretty interesting and good to know.

• Buster
    Buster

So I joined the board because I noticed a couple people that likely knew some old friends and could perhaps give me an update. So I started communicating with one in particular and had a real nice experince.

Strangest damn thing though, the guys I was conversing with were JJrizo and Pomegranate. To this day I can't reconcile the two personality types: the ones I read on the board, and the ones I was e-mailing with.

I am hoping to meet some folks in the Portland/Vancouver WA area sometime soon. DakotaRed lives with a mile or two and there are a few just across the river.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit