What country makes the best beer??

by Sargon 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Sargon
    Sargon

Robdar: Cheers, heineken kicks butt, never tried Scrumpy jack, gotta give it a go

Pettygrudger: What can I say... Cheers

Christopherceo: Yes, Grolsch is Dutch and ranks as one of my faves...mmmmm

Rubadub: Yeh, Fosters is O.K.; it's a wannabe Canadian

Ravmalk: Cheers

Witchchild: Hmmm... Gotta try Bellhaven and Pete's but Guinness... ahhh nectar of the gods... mother's milk... what else can I say

JH: Cheers

IronEagle: I guess you like gnats piss too!! US beer sucks (other than Ranier). You guys ain't even on the map.

Truthseeker: Cheers

Blondie: Germany... the father of civilized beer... love holstein and St.Pauli Girl

Tres Happy; What can I say...mother's milk

Ascot: sorry

6of9: I like saki but... Japanese Beer... doesn't quite cut it

Shutterbug: ther's a whole world of beer out there... ripe for the picking

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Although MOLSON CANADIAN is my favorite,Canada does make a great many very good beers..In answer to your question,I would have to say Canada.. I AM CANADIAN (The molson motto)...OUTLAW

• Seven
    Seven

IRELAND!!

http://www.realbeer.com

Edited by - sevenofnine on 29 January 2003 18:6:7

• Matty
    Matty

First Belgium and a close second Holland

One thing that mystifies me however is the jibes the English get about "warm" beer. Well, some beers are meant to be room temperature in the same way as red wine should be room temperature, and some beers are meant to be chilled just as white wine should be chilled, it's as simple as that.

• nelly1
    nelly1

please please pleasssseeeeeeee!!!!!!

stop right there!

everyone knows its NZ beer namely speights!!!!

sooo there pppppppppptttttttttttttttt

• ISP
    ISP

I like stella..........but not too much!

ISP

• Jourles
    Jourles

Everyone is so far off I can't believe it. First of all, you should rank the best beer by type according to your taste, then the brewery or abbey which produced it, then you can pick the country. Although I feel that the "best" country has little to do with the best beer.

Beer is very similar to wine because in particular regions of the world there is found different strains of yeast, regionalized hops, water quality, etc. etc. The same goes for grapes. Weather and climate affect the grapes, so does the nutrients in the ground which "feed" the vines, as does the casks in which the wine is stored in once completed. Different parts of the world can produce a gold medal winning wine whereas the birthplace of a particular grape, let's say a Shiraz/Syrah from Oz, can have a bad year and be pathetic tasting.(I know I know, the REAL birthplace of the Syrah is France, but Oz is most famous for it)

But to answer your question, I would probably have to go with two countries. Belgium and the USA are most definitely on top. Germany is a distant 3rd for me. If I were to rank breweries, that is another tough choice. I can really only rank individual beers. But here are a few of my fav's:

1. Chimay (Belgium)
    2. New Belgium Brewing Company (Colorado)
    3. Portland Brewing Company (Oregon)
    4. Sierra Nevada Brewing Company (California)
    5. Widmer Brothers Brewing (Oregon)

• shera
    shera

I haven't had other beer,besides Budwiser.That beer is good,BUT..I still perfer CANADIAN BEER!

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

BELGIUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some beers here have almost the same alcohol level as a good french wine.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Ireland! Guinness!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit