Legalize ALL Drugs. Yes or No?

by SpannerintheWorks 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

The essential arguement delivered by society is drugs are bad, m'kay, because drugs are bad.

This is crap. Doing bad things is bad.

We have been doing drugs, as a species, ever since Ogwaga threw those leaves on the fire and everyone had a REALLY good time. Mankind has carefully experimented with the pharmalogical effects of every plant in any area they have inhabited to find good ways of getting out of their skull. Taking drugs is a human as the other essentially human activity, story-telling. Why is this 'suddenly' wrong?

Drugs should be legal or decriminalised (as a Dutchman for the difference) as making them illegal causes HUGE problems.

People get them anyway, but huge crime organisations build up to supply the drugs, prices of drugs rise, and users of harder drugs are very likely to steal to support their habit. People not connected to the use of drugs suffer, either as victims of spill-over violence related to drugs, or as victims of police forces rendered ineffective by waging an unwinnable war of drug enforcement. The USA jail poulation is over 2 million, over half of which are there for non-violent drug offences. That's a million people imprisoned for doing what they want with their bodies. And Bungie Jumping is legal...

Obviously someone on drugs who breaks some OTHER law, breaks the law and should be dealt with, but it is utterly ridiculous to make the taking of the drug itself illegal. It serves no ends, is a violation of human rights, and we are already protected from a drug user doing bad things whilst on drugs by other laws.

• og
    og

BTTT - because Abaddon's argument is so excellent.

• Makena1
    Makena1

christopherceo wrote and valis mentioned: Definitely should legalize weed, won't be too long before the decriminalization of it will be spreading. Salvia Divinorium, way to go!!! check out - www.herbal-smoke.com

I checked out the website and read the FAQ about Salvia D. Visions, hullicinations, prophetic trances, might stain the carpet, definitely have a baby sitter with you when using, etc. Not something that I would be interested in trying, but to each his own poison.

After reading the Fact sheet on Salvia D - I wonder if they were growing that shrub in Brooklyn in the 40's - 60's when Fred Franz was writing all those prophecy books. Makes sense! LOL

My opinion, weed should be legalized and most drugs decriminalized. At least it would be something new - the system we have in place is definitely not working.

Robyn - sorry to hear about your friend. What a sad story. My brother nearly went down that road.

Do you think there are people with "addictive personalities" who will abuse just about any substance, legal or not?

Interesting thread everyone.

Mak

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    ever since Ogwaga threw those leaves on the fire and everyone had a REALLY good time.

ROTF!

Do you think there are people with "addictive personalities" who will abuse just about any substance, legal or not?

Mac, my expierence, Y E S !

I have known several who fit that bill. One sister-in-law of mine for example. I had to hide EVERYTHING in the form of a pill when she came over. I don't care WHAT it was, she would put it in her mouth and swallow it. She is now in her 50's and her nick name is "rain man". Guess why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit