How do you find out which kh territory you're in?

by rebel8 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Hecce
    Hecce

Blondie

Believe me, the Branch jumps real quickly on this. They don't want legal consequences. They will locate the right congregation in no time.

I speak from personal experience.

• blondie
    blondie

In the US, the branch is the "service desk" in New York (as well as the international site)

I have read many of other people's experiences and the WTS only contacts the COBOE in the congregation, gets his story, which may be the facts or self-serving.

So has anyone else written to the branch and gotten satisfaction of not have jws ever stop at your house?

• Hecce
    Hecce

carla9 years ago

I have given this out many times but darn if I didn't save it somewhere so I have to keep retyping it, so here it is. I have sent the letter to the local kh & NY and told my jw to keep them away and still the persist. The wt considers the letter good for only one year. Many kh's do not have mailboxes so if you attempt to sent locally it will be returned to you.

\------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name

Address

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, Ny 11201-2483

NOTICE TO 'CEASE AND DESIST' ALL VISITS

Dear Sirs,

Please notify all members of your congregation that consent, implied or otherwise, to visit my property at the address stated above for any purpose relating

to the work of Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has been revoked.

I will consider any future visits to be an act of willful trespass and may prosecute to the full extent of the law, civil or criminal.

You must not visit on the pretense of 'updating records'. Check the electoral roll for up to date ownership information.

Notice has also been served to my local congregation located in the area of ________________________________________________________.

I shall hold you both severally and jointly liable for any infratction of this notice to 'cease and desist'.

You have been warned!

Respectfully,

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/153587/cease-desist-letter?size=20&page=1#/.U4y7tSjijEg

• Hecce
    Hecce
    carla3 years ago

here is a link to the cease & desist letter

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/153587/1/Cease-Desist-letter#.U4y7tSjijEg

I think the address to the wt needs updating to upstate NY?

This letter was the ONLY thing to keep them away from my house. Now, they finally got the hint. The letter really does go to NY and the elders get a letter from headquarters but right on their letter they suggest going back in a years time to see if the householder might have had a change of heart. A friend decided to send one every year with a Christmas card!

Don't bother trying to send on to the local kh as most do not have mailboxes and it will just be returned to you. If you decide to send to an elder send it certified mail.

• blondie
    blondie

Has anybody else had success doing this, or know others, could be interesting. It wouldn't hurt to do.

• Hecce
    Hecce

This problem is very common and the Branch gets involved quite often. It is very difficult to keep a local control of the situation and there will be publishers that will bypass the warning and knock at the marked doors. I saw a case where the householder went beyond what normally happens and had his attorney send a letter to the Branch. The reaction was swift and at the end of the day it was discovered that the Spanish friends were not aware of the situation and they kept knocking at his door. They were calling on this person, even when it was not part of the Spanish Census.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I sent a letter to Crooklyn once saying not to come to my property ever again, and elders came to my property to discuss it with me. Mind you, I had been out for >10 years at that point. I ordered them away and said don't come back.

I have moved and now they just keep appearing.

I am going to totally deface the tract and enclose it with the letter, either by ripping it up or writing apostate graffiti on it.

• blondie
    blondie

rebel8, add a little poopie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit