How do you find out which kh territory you're in?

by rebel8 17 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

These douche bags left a memorial invitation in my door today, after I have already told them point blank, "Do not come to this property ever again," which was months after my trespassing letter.

How dumb can people possibly be? Is there such a thing as an IQ below zero?

So I want to send a 2nd letter with the tract ripped up inside, so I will have a 2nd receipt showing another attempt to get them to leave me alone.

How do I know which hall's territory I am in? Is there a way I can confirm it?

Thanks.

• freddo
    freddo

The invite should have a kingdom hall address with a time of the memorial on it. If you go to jborg and look up "find a meeting" - type in your street - you should be able to find the congregation(s) that go to the hall on the invite.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh, got it!Thanks!

I do not remember kh addresses being printed on these. Fancy. :x

• alanv
    alanv

There may well have been a note in the JW map of your road, but often those notes can get overlooked or the witness just forgets about the 'do not call' as they are too busy chatting with their partner all round the territory.

• carla
    carla

Hey Rebel,

They don't get it do they? You may have to send multiple letters, say one a week or so for awhile? I like the letter you supplied in the link but you could send the cease & desist one at the link below but the address for the wt needs updating. I do know if you send it to NY it will eventually reach back to the elders in your area. Worked for me anyway.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/153587/cease-desist-letter

Though I was making a stink with my jw so that probably helped. I also threatened to show up at the kh during a meeting with some paid muscle to protect me, go to the front with a blow up picture of our house and address and tell the whole damn cong that this house was a no call and then leave. Yep, that seemed to help too.

They are not the brightest bulb so it takes a bit for them to understand you don't want them on your property or their trash.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Probably someone left a tract with the invitation unknowing of your request.

It happens,

I've seen JWS almost run through neighborhoods tossing tracts at people doors and I doubt they took the time to see if there were any Do Not Call address for the territory.

I would just direct it into the trash yourself and leave it at that.

• blondie
    blondie

Location, location....what is the closest KH you are near. It is hard to figure out after that if there are more than one sharing but, take a guess and have someone else call for you and ask who would have called on that address. Who did you send your letter to originally, was it sent certified or registered, if so, someone had to sign the slip that was returned to you.

• Hecce
    Hecce

You will get quick action if you report the situation to the Branch.

• blondie
    blondie

Happened to me:

1) the brother with the territory card ignored the DNC and did not tell anyone else about it; guess who got that door and was screamed at

2) the person who had the territory card before that took out or lost it; guess who got that door

3) the DNC was in there but the elders are to call on every DNC once a year to make sure the same people live there and they feel the same way

4) even if you put up a no trespassing sign, older jws will walk past it saying it does not apply to jws; despite the announcement a few years ago that jws who ignore that personal responsibility for the legal actions

We have not had anyone by for 5 years, but a tract in the door for the first time last year. We burned it in the fire pit.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, if you are in the US with 50 states and thousands of congregations....hece, it might take longer.

How to find location of meetings

https://apps.jw.org/E_SRCHMTGMAPS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit