Joe Millionaire

by happyout 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• TR
    TR

Evan must be a real gomer. He wants a woman that can cook, and he still picked Melissa. Can you say brain dead? Speaking of braindead, Melissa doesn't strike me as someone with much intelligence. They're made for each other!

I think Sarah is HOT with a capital

HOT!

Speaking of HOT, did anyone see the hot tub scene?! DAMN I thought boobs were going to explode out of those tops any second!

TR

• bigboi
    bigboi

Ol girl definitely gave him a hummer in the woods last night. She must be pretty god cause she had to keep telllin him shhhhhh, shhhhhh when she started. The gulps gave it all away though.

• detective
    detective

"Alot of women can be gold diggers".

Ah, but it's so much better to be a liar!

Seriously, I'm caught a few minutes of the show last night for the first time. Nothing was more amusing than when Evan decided to oust that blonde girl because he thought she might be a gold digger! As if the character assessment of bold faced liar should hold some weight!

And Fox apparently thinks that we as the audience will be able to glean some remarkable insight into his lady of choice's character when she finds out he's really some poor slob. If she goes for him after she learns he's poor, she gets a guy whose been lying repeatedly to her. Or, if she sends him packing, she's a gold digger. Pretty screwed either way you look at it. But then again, she DID sign up for it...

But when Evan started with the high and mighty "is she true?" routine... now THAT'S comedy.

I'm not around enough to bother trying to follow these shows but I will be interested in reading what the final twist is for the show (is he really rich after all? is one of the women he dumped rich? does the woman already know he's poor?)

• dubla
    dubla

happy-

i said it was ridiculous....not that ive never watched it . entertainment value is definitely what drives the reality tv market. some of them i tune into just because they are so incredibly stupid....one being the wb show with all the washed up celebrities living in a house together. they are funny because they are so completely preposterous.........i have a hard time watching joe millionaire though, ive only caught pieces of a couple of them.......just the idea that this guy is supposedly picking a mate, trying to determine sincerity, etc, all the while lying to them at every turn, is a bit too dumb for me.

aa

• happyout
    happyout

Dubla - There are two ladies in my office who are hooked on this show. The guy we share an office with doesn't get it. He thinks it's voyeuristic, and that it's not really "reality" because the scenes are staged. I agree with him to a point, it's somewhat staged, but it is reality in the sense that the women are really vying for this guys attention. Maybe it's the same cynicism that makes me hate romance novels that finds this stuff so amusing. I pretty much watch just to laugh at the "plotting" of the women to get attention and "win". Also, since shows like this have been on for a while now, I wonder about the people who are on them. Like, do you want the entire world to know you had oral sex in the woods with a guy you barely know? Do they forget the cameras are on when they talk to one another and call each other the B word? I definitely wouldn't want the world watching me do much of anything, much less chasing some man I hardly know! But I so enjoy watching others do it

I watched "Surreal Life" once, that was more than enough for me.

But, my taste is obviously suspect, I used to love "Married with Children"

• Hungout
    Hungout

Happyout, I toatally agree with this statement: I pretty much watch just to laugh at the "plotting" of the women to get attention and "win".

thats exactly why I watch, plus add in the fact this guy isnt at all rich and besides hes looking for "true love" every statement they make just adds to the comedy of it all. hehehe

• meadow77
    meadow77

I don't mind the mindless new "reality" shows, but I prefer to watch The Osbournes or the Anna Nicole show. The latest buzz on this one though, is that Fox is really trying to fool the viewers. Many believe that this guy is not really poor.

Edited by - meadow77 on 28 January 2003 15:46:40

• Hungout
    Hungout

I dont believe hes actually rich hes to rough around the edges, but maybe at the end they give him and the winner a extra million to enjoy how ever they may choose?

personally I think Sarah should get a bonous either way for being such a good sport !!!!! lol

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    What fun. These little gold diggers are trying to out boink each other to land a man who's net worth is about the same as a homeless person. Wait until they find out they've been bumping uglies with a poor man. When is the final show? I don't want to miss that one. heh heh heh

LOL X 100! I'm with you, LB!

Out of curiousity, I watched part of the very first episode. Those women define pathetic!

Oh yeah! We've come a long way, Baby!

• meadow77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit