interesting stuff re the RC in my local area

by umbertoecho 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Validation feels good. The RC's got the jump on you Juliette. They know what's needed. What a kick in the pants! I really love them. My wish for you is that you'll soon feel free enough to let go of the "cautious" feeling. I struggle with that also.

lot of love back at'cha! Mike

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Thanks it is easy to misunderstand what a state or county is from one country to another.

I'm glad that I have travelled throughout Asia, Europe and even America. It's an eye opener, although when in Los Angeles there was a strike on so I walked for miles and miles around about looking at everything and finding some amazing music...Santana were playing when I was there in 2002 I think it was then...Excellent performance. If I could find Beth Hart over there I'd go back just to watch her.....

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    Oh it's Mike, or is it Michael?. Nice name and pleased to meet you. Juliette with joy.
  • jhine
    jhine

That's great Juliette . I hope that this group will really help you .

Jan

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Synopsis:

The Royal Commision is having an effect in Australia. Lots of JW women are calling support groups. Umbertoecho wanted to make sure that no JWs worked at the support group. There weren't any JWs there.

Umbertoecho is kicking ass.

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I gotta say, the Commission people really seem to be an accommodating and communicative bunch.

World, take notes.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Thank you for explaining Data Dog.

I have been made very aware by the elders and their wives that they work in all sorts of fields.....One even worked in the place where my Emma nearly died...She is not there now..But! She went ahead a few weeks ago and contacted her old work mates to confirm it was my daughter. What sort of a crap thing is that to do..?

Stupidly, she thought that by telling me this it would impress me in some way. It did not. I told her off and asked what current "permission" she had for enquiring into my child.

She was caught out, she went red in the face and neck and I watched her very quietly as she and her husband were very uncomfortable...........So. I always ask whether this counsellor or that social worker or nurse is a JW, ...lately. It will not always be like this, but just for now as I have the right to get the name and the yes or no on my record too.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

It’s interesting how the legal system works in Australia. It reminds me of hypocrisy just like all those that pretend to care about a worldwide problem only because it involves JW’s, as if they were the only ones. Why didn’t you ask the RC rep if they were Catholic, Orthodox Christian, Muslim, Jew, or Protestant. The mindset by exclusion, is it rational? Sane people ask.

For the Australian Government it’s an entirely different beast. While they seem to care in one hand, the Prime Minister ABBOTT signed a NEW LAW that will punish staff in detection centers for asylum seekers if they speak out about abuse. Ironically one happens to be SEXUAL ABUSE.

I think you people have beaten this RC stuff to its end, since this is not something that happened 30 years ago as someone ignorant enough not to think, but for Australia has been ongoing since last year. 2014

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jul/01/detention-centre-staff-speak-out-in-defiance-of-new-asylum-secrecy-laws

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jun/09/asylum-seekers-abused-on-nauru-may-never-get-justice-says-former-adviser

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-30/detention-centre-workers-face-imprisonment-for-whistleblowing/6584392

• possum
    possum

I attended an all day social workers, domestic violence seminar this week. Part of which was broadcast on the ABC news last night. One of the speakers is also working with the royal commission and has included religious oppression/abuse in her talk about violence and women. She was required to speak to aprx 100 fundamentalist elders. She came prepared with a list of the rules and regulations that they use to control and distort sex and sexuality and took them on. Very interesting!!!

The counseling I that was provided by the RC ( in a local womens center) was great and no JW sister (in full cult mode) would be able to work in that particular organisation who have such a strong human rights focus for males and females.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

SimonSays,

"It reminds me of hypocrisy just like all those that pretend to care about a worldwide problem only because it involves JW’s, as if they were the only ones. Why didn’t you ask the RC rep if they were Catholic, Orthodox Christian, Muslim, Jew, or Protestant."

Would you say the same thing to a Catholic who's working against child abuse in the Catholic Church? We care about JW issues precisely because we were JWs.

Also, Prime Minister Abbott's actions do not necessarily reflect that of all Australians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit