Hello world !

by Mrs. Eden 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs. Eden
    Mrs. Eden

Thank you all for the kind replies and welcome.

Smiddy:

I intend to fade from the Org. progressively, but firmly. I love my freedom and right now I feel suffocated. I've been looking at jwfacts.com and I'm blown away with the lack of love, the hypocrisy, and the arrogance of the leadership. The Malawi vs. Mexico shocked me terribly. Are we murderers??

Like you said : "Facts are what should guide you whether this is the true religion or not".

In the recent past, due to my mother's passing, they played with my emotions and sucked me back in. They surrounded me from all sides, as they do so well, and I caved in. Now, however, with all this information that I'm learning about, and with hubby's help, I belive the outcome will be very different.

Again, thank you for your advice and concern.

Mrs. Eden

• never a jw
    never a jw
    I am very glad to see many women escaping the clutches of the Watchtower. The picture of women in the org is still sad (almost 2/3 of JW's are women). They do most of the work, they truly sacrifice their lives for "Jehovah". In my wife's congregation, and many around the area, you see lots of middle age single women who wanted to marry, but can't find any ministerial servants or elders, even below par publishers. They still look happy in social gatherings, but I wonder how they feel when they are at home all alone. Is the hope of paradise enough to motivate them? or are they wondering, as many have, that they have wasted their lives for nothing. I don't mean to imply that all there is for women is marriage. In modern times the sky is the limit when it comes to options for life fulfillment for men and women. However, in conservative, old fashion house holds, house wife is what is expected of women. And many JW women badly want it, but don't even get that.
  • tiki
    tiki
    I was in a very prolonged fade and didn't even realize that was what I was doing .....cognitive dissonance had me and I was in the religion so long it was like a bad habit....but everyone assumed it was because I had developed (thanks to genetics and that crazy religion) a serious panic disorder and anxiety coupled with depression......so...my point is that brain chemical disorders are indeed a way to go..if that is right for you, ms Eden....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit