True believers never save their money

by stillin 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

It's an article of faith. Either God is going to save them or He is not. Since one local elder proudly told me that he never saved a nickel until just before his retirement, I've given this subject some thought.

Savers are worldly.

• tiki
    tiki
    Well...that means my father was a very true believer. Died with no savings acct..no insurance...if he hadn't been in WWII who knows where the money to cremate him would have come from. Oh yeah...the materialistic one...moi...
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel
    O

Well this thread raises the question what is saving money?

I would say I have never saved money. But I have invested money.

FACT IS:-

if you take out a mortgage in 10 years time the value of the property will have doubled.

That is how you save money because:-

A) You double your money in 10 years.

B) In 10 years a mortgage is 50% paid off and 60% cheaper than renting.

FACT:-

Did you know 80% of wealth in the U.K is inherited through property?

I assume children are grateful for that inheritance, which required parents buying a property. And by dong the "children" now adults, will have a more comfortable life with the inheritance.

What is money?

It's not the paper I have in my wallet that I buy beer and pizza with. Money is dots on a computer screen.

Think about that.

Now think about making those dots work for you.

But don't think putting such and such amount in the bank each week is saving money.

I am normally a calm man, but when members of the congregation left property to the organisation rather than family, even as a believer this pissed me off big time.

The Rebel.

p.s I hate the term " true believers"

• skin
    skin
    This is so true. I believe it stems from the idea that the end is so near. They don't need any money in the new system so use it all now. This means in most cases being Materialistic with their money while bad mouthing worldly people for spending their money on the very same materialistic items.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I believed in god I would take comfort from Matt 6:25-34 about not worrying. It didn't help. God DIDN'T provide for me.

But then, I wonder, if we shouldn't worry about money, what's the thrust of Luke 14:28?

I'm glad I woke up to the realisation that all holy books are just books...nothing divine...nothing holy...just the thoughts of people...sometimes idiot people.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

*** km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? ***

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.—1 John 2:17

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Just what I was thinking Calebs Airplane. And then to add 1 john 2;17 at the end to try to add some legitimate weight to the awful suggestion of selling everything that you have.

Notice that the WTS didn't say to give it to the poor.

What fruits do the WTS produce?

just asking

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Jesus saves!

Governing body withdraws...

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Freemindfade...very funny.

But the truth is the " a Governing Body" or the business lead organisation that is the " G. B" has made its wealth on Matthew 12 v 41, " Truly this poor widow has put more in the treasury than all the others"

Then the " G.B" invest the poor widows money in property and accumalate wealth for themselves. ( if you don't find that ironic you will always be broke)

Do like the G.B.

Only invest your wealth in your property. Please leave your inheritance to your kids, not the W,T.

The Rebel

p.s me and Punk both quoted Matthew, but we quoted different verses...the bible can be interpreted in ways that f...k up your life and your kids. My advice "on money matters its personal and family" that sounds more like the " Godfather" than verses from " Matthhew" :-)

• cha ching
    cha ching

Haha, good one freemindfade, simply said, so true!

Cha Ching cha ching, no more of my bling!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit