HELP!!! HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

by Utopian_Raindrops 15 Replies latest jw friends

• stichione
    stichione

By the way the 1934 Yearbook has all kinds of remarks regardins the Nazis and Jews and Big Business that you might find interesting.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

UR, I will be waiting with bated breath!! I have no access to these things and I can't wait to print them out for my niece. I asked her once if she even knew the history of HER religion. She didn't know anything about Russell. Said my mom told her it wasn't important......

Thanks so much....

April

• larc
    larc

Every one of Rutherford's books are a hoot. They generally follow a similiar pattern. The first part of the book is spent in a Bible commentary and seems credible. At some point, he gets into types and antitypes and the meaning for our day - very silly stuff. He also spends about 50 pages in many of his books lambasting the Catholic Church. By the way, UR, I have something that might be of interest to you. It is a booklet I put together in 1996, "Shifting Sands of Witness Beliefs." Send me an e-mail, if you are interested in having a copy.

• hooberus
    hooberus

"The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present, those who dwell on the earth will wonder admiringly, but their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the foundation of the world." Revelation 17:8 NWT

"We cannot but admire the high principles embodied in the proposed League of Nations, formulated undoubtedly by those who have no knowledge of the great plan of God. This fact makes all the more wonderful the ideals which they express. For instance, it has been made plain by President Wilson and the advocates of his ideas that the proposed League of Nations is more than merely a league to enforce peace. They would not have us consider it to exclusively from the standpoint of politics or of military relations. It should be considered as fully from the economic and social points of view. The President's idea seems to be that the League of Nations which he proposes would stand for world service rather than mere world regulation in the military sense, and that the very smallest of nations shall be participants in its every arrangement. In other words, his idea undoubtedly is that the league shall not be established merely for the purpose of promoting peace by threat or coercion; but that its purpose, when put into operation, will be to make all nations of earth one great family, working together for the common benefit in all the avenues of national life. Truly this is idealistic, and approximates in a small way that which God has foretold that he will bring about after this great time of trouble." Watch Tower February 15, 1919 p.51 reprints page 6389

• joenobody
    joenobody

Francois,

Is that the April 1972 WT? Are you serious that the article is not on the CD-ROM? Is it on any of the editions? I will be going to my parents house and I can make a photocopy of the article for scanning.

This is the kind of thing that floors me most... revisionist history. I'd love to go over, find the article, then direct my relatives to look at the CD-ROM.

Sick.

Edited by - joenobody on 27 January 2003 19:40:50

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Sorry everyone that I did not respond quickly. Tomorrow is my oldest's birthday and we have been preparing.shopping......cooking......etc., etc. It will be her 1 st B-Day party since she was 5!! So it is special.

Francois,

I remember that article and I also had searched on the CD-ROM and found nothing BUT, I believe it is in a bound volume! Which I should already have! So I am looking post hast!

Gracias my handsome Adonis. Words from you are like ambrosia from the gods!

Thanx Greven, very kind of you to say friend.

Stichione, the 1934-year book is a definite goal of mine to actually hold in my hands! That one will be scanned cover to cover.

Our Beautiful Tatiana, you can start post haste gathering information for your niece. Many from here have written some very thought provoking articles on The WTBS and beliefs peculiar to them. Here are some links.

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/7831/

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/5385/Links1.html

http://www.geocities.com/veniceexjw/

When I am done with my 1 st work I am immediately distributing it to elders at surrounding congregations and personal friends who I know are suffering as JWs but dont know where else to go.

Larc, I am most defiantly interested in your booklet and you will have mail shortly. Thank you so much!

Holy Stink To High Heaven Hooberous!! Seems The WTBS has been Admiring The Harlot for some time now! Well we know what WT I am going to be grabbing! Thanx Hoob.

Thank-you everyone!!!! Para todos!!

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 28 January 2003 4:40:22

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit